Bad seller alert visitsanjosecomicscom

:cheers: Hello People:

I am just here to warn others of a horrible seller on ebay

About Sept 20th, 2003, I won two auctions from a seller on ebay known as visitsanjosecomicscom, and they mention it takes them 30 days to get items to the customers after payment is received.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3146362824

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3146017164

well I emailed them on Sept 25th, 2003, and they told me the payment has been received, and the items will be out in 30 days.

well I waited, and I emailed them Nov 1st, 2003, and they replied that the items will be out within a week, well it is now December 1st , 2003 and I have gotten no replies to the emails I have sent within the last 2 weeks.

they have been getting a lot of negative feedbacks and they made their feedback private so people can't read it, this is unfair to others on ebay.

I notified the internet fraud agency and ebay, hopefully something comes of all this.

Seller Info

http://www.sanjosecomics.com

813-932-0820

San Jose Comics P.O.Box 9421 Tampa,Fl 33604

seller has a closed hotmail email account but this is his current email jortega@tampabay.rr.com

Be advised and steer away from this loser.

take care and happy holidays

George

How do you run into so many rotten sellers? I've been tranacting business on ebay for years and have yet to run into a seller (or buyer for that matter) that doesn't do what he/she says. Either you have really, really bad luck or you buy an awful lot of stuff from a great many sources. Personally, I have a few favorite sellers I deal with and although I do deal with others, when I need something fast, I go to one of my favorites. I'll share them with you now so that if they have something you want, you can get it without fear of being ripped off. The list is short but here it is:

gkwan (sprue brothers models)

jkondos

justplanehobbies

and for armor stuff

alpenflangehobbies or something similiar.

these people are good reputable sellers so if you haven't, give em a try. I think that Gordon (gkwan) is a frequent visitor to this site. He's a top notch ebay seller and I wholeheartedly recommend him. He has decent pricing and reasonably fast shipment times. ( I usually receive stuff from him within a week to ten days at the outside)

The same can be said of the others on the list although I don't know if they frequent this site or not.

Hope this helps you steer clear of those bad ebay'rs.

Tim C.

:cheers:

:cheers: Hello Tim C, and Hello To People on the board.

well I have had only 4 problems on ebay since I have been on it, and thats about 4 years.

but recently, I decided to bid on a few items that were reasonably priced, and the people's feedback weren't so bad at the time.

designasign Darren Bishop, I bought a 1974 issue Messerschmitt from him, got screwed.

dtazzygirl Daisy, bought two items A-26 Nose conversion and decals, took 2 1/2 months to get, I had to threaten her with the internet fraud agency.

now visitsanjosecomicscom Joe Ortega , I bought a Minicraft P-38J 1/48 and a Bandai Japanese Type 99 dive bomber 1/50 scale, paid for the items on Sept 20th, it is now Dec 2nd still no items.

I am no loger going to take a risk with some of these people on ebay, from now on, no matter how tempting the deal, I am going to be more cautious, regardless of price.

Live and learn.

take care and happy holidays

George

• 3 months later...
Guest hawaiiandelight1989

Hello IRISHFAN! You seem to be running into alot of bad ebayers. After looking into visitsanjosecomicscom feedback...I would have to admit...this guy really sucks bad. He makes DTAZZYGIRL into a Saint lol I definitely will not go near that guy.

;) Hello hawaiiandelight1989 and to people on the board:

I have learned my lesson on ebay, "BIG TIME", when dealing on ebay I try to contact people I know and ask them about some sellers.

see when I dealt with Dtazzygirl, at the time she didn't have a lot of negatives, but that changed a week after I won the auction.

I don't try to flame people, I just try to be honest about the situation and warn others so they might know what to expect just incase they decide to buy from that person.

visitsanjosecomicscom should be kicked off of ebay all together, this seller has blocked people from looking at his feedback because of his shoddy business practices.

I admit I have about 6 or 7 negatives on ebay out of 518 positives, but these were mostly from sellers I flamed for bad business, and most of them aren't even registered anymore.

but ebay should monitor people's feedback more often and actually pay attention to complaints more often, so such people can be kicked off of ebay.

take care and happy modeling

George B)