No real construction with this one - just a repaint, so disregard for prize purposes.

All my Phantoms (4 so far this year) are intended for the Phantom 500 display at Telford 2008 - but I'm not completely happy with this one that I built in 1976. Rhino will be interested to watch this one.

Airfix_F4_PhantomUSAF.jpg

I've still got paints for Vietnam camo, AND have just found a ModelDecal set for the Phantom.

It enables me to depict F-4C 67-680 of 497TFS 8TFW Nite Owls. On 2 Jan 1967 Col Robin Olds used this aircraft to down a MiG 21 with an AIM-9D Sidewinder.

AA_Airfix_Phantom.jpg

I rubbed it down this morning, and spent the afternoon airbrushing correct colours onto it.

AA_Airfix_Phantom001.jpg

Cockpit will be depicted as dark grey when markings are completed.

Let me know if you want to me to contine this thread, or request its removal.

• 2 months later...
Nice looking Phantom :)

I know there are far better Phantom kits available, but the Airfix Phantom has something...

I hope one day i can get one and build it

Great job :wave:

I got two off e-bay for 99cents plus shipping. They are easy to build. I'm useing them to get the rear end finished with the correct metal finishes.

Wooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 99 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try to find one example in my country but have no luck :pray:

Ebay is just to complicated for me, in terms of payment methods.

I think TimMansfield did a great job.

Heres and idea: a Group Build for Begginners, when you can build an aircraft in-flight position and

with the canopy painted black (like desktop models) . I think that will encourage newcomers to

build kits. I have nothings against resin or photo-etched stuff but as i say they are to

challenging.

I hope one of the moderator can read this and can make something about it.

:thumbsup:

Wooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 99 cents!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I try to find one example in my country but have no luck ;)

Ebay is just to complicated for me, in terms of payment methods.

I think TimMansfield did a great job.

Heres and idea: a Group Build for Begginners, when you can build an aircraft in-flight position and

with the canopy painted black (like desktop models) . I think that will encourage newcomers to

build kits. I have nothings against resin or photo-etched stuff but as i say they are to

challenging.

I hope one of the moderator can read this and can make something about it.

:thumbsup:If I find another good deal on one I will buy it and send to you. :thumbsup: