I guess I'll have to get this finished.

It's been sitting for too long and I'd like to have it finished for an upcoming contest the first week of June.

I got a hasegawa F-16B in a trade and most parts were cut off the trees, so I decided to bash it with a "C" model kit and do a F-16D.

This is how it's been for the last 3-4 months, no progress past fitting the Black Box cockpit, I have one of the older sets with the separate front and rear tubs, it's been a bit of a pain to fit.

The intake was actually given to me assembled, I just added the Aires nose gear well. I've also installed the main gear well.

The cockpit and gear wells will most likely be the only aftermarket added, aside from decals.

It will be an Adversary a/c, just haven't decided on markings yet (actually I have but you all will have to wait.)

Curt

101_0051.jpg

Edited by Netz
  • 2 weeks later...

Update.

There’s no way in the world I’ll finish this for Saturday’s contest (June 6th), so I’ll slow it down and add some more in progress shots.

I got the fuselage glued together after a bout with some bad glue.

I have a bottle of Testors Plastic cement that for some reason cracked the plastic, it did it to my B-1 gear and now the Hasegawa plastic, and I actually heard the plastic pop as I was gluing the nose section together, no excess force applied, just finger tight, it also cracked my gun muzzle, so I lost 2 days as this happened late Saturday, (last week…….).

101_0225c.jpg

101_0219a.jpg

The wings were massaged on a piece of tile (marble would be better) with some 320 emery paper to get a nice surface for the wing joint, I also scraped the top of the mounting hole to better fit the wing, eliminating any chance of a step

101_0226a.jpg

101_0220a.jpg

I do a few tricks with the Hasegawa F-16’s, one is to open up the vents in between the airbrakes and donut panel, and under the base of the tail. Don’t worry about the spru in the exhaust duct, as I’ll be using a plug in there.

101_0254c.jpg

101_0259.jpg

The intake was tweaked to get the proper dip to the lip, that also necessitated a thin shim the be placed between the intake and fuselage.Then drill a shallow dished hole under the right leading edge strake to represent an epu exhaust

101_0268.jpg

101_0269.jpg

I also use a very fine razor saw and cut a relief between the flaps and fuselage

101_0277.jpg

And the wrench relief on the left side of the rudder, I noticed Tamiya ran this relief straight across to the other side, this should be blocked off on the right side.

101_0275.jpg

101_0265ac.jpg

101_0261.jpg

gO, no we didn't make it to the Kickoff, I really hate to miss that one, as it's one of the Best West Coast shows.

We're on the fence about this Saturdays Regional in San Diego, really wanted to see how that show goes.

Curt

Edited by Netz

Very nice, Curt. I like all the small details you've added to the kit to make it alive. Don't forget to remove the FLCS recorder on the aft seat.

Jake