2000 edition 1/48 Revell EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon

I was given this kit for nix a little while ago without any instructions or decals and had it sitting in the stash and just needed something that was relatively quick to build to get my modelling mojo running again after my RAAF F4-E. Andrew Perren provided a copy of the 2000 edition instructions and RoG kindly replaced the decals and instructions from their 2006 current kit. This has been built straight from the box (so to speak as it didn't come in a box) with my own interpretation of paint color. The only thing this kit really needs is a better cockpit and seat, which the later release has and I would now prefer to have built. I hope you like how this one turned out anyway.

Serial: 30-09

Type: EF2000 Eurofighter Typhoon

Based: JG Jagdgeschwader 73 'Steinhoff', Laage (2005)

Scheme:All over Humbrol 147 (FS35237) with lighter nose.

Kit: 04551-0389 Revell (2000) 1/48 EF2000 Eurofighter Typhoon (OOB) with later release decals (kit A04568-0389 (2006))

DSC04949.jpg

DSC04950.jpg

DSC04951.jpg

DSC04952.jpg

DSC04953.jpg

DSC04954.jpg

DSC04955.jpg

Regards

Andrew :jaw-dropping:

Cheers Alby. I couldn't go the RAF scheme as I have an issue with a plane that has pink and baby blue roundels and the other markings just didn't suit the style of the aircraft. I hope I didn't insult those RAF modellers, it's all TIC. That's what us Aussies do to our Pommy comrades. I'm looking forward to seeing it besides my 1/48 German Tornado.

Regards

Andrew :rolleyes:

Hi Brett,

Cheers for the comments. I'll bring it to the next meeting, but it's not the best build I've ever done. The intakes leave a bit to be desired and the wing join was like a 1/48 Italeri/Esci Mirage IIIE. Other than that I'd like to build the more recent release and see how it compares.

Regards

Andrew :cheers:

Thanks Jordan & Przemek,

I darkened the panle linesto try and make it look as operational as possible with grime etc. hence they appear dark on the all grey fuselage. I personally think the effect worked.

Regards

Andrew