Jump to content

Banana11000

Members
  • Content Count

    406
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Banana11000

  • Rank
    Tenax Sniffer (Open a window!)
  • Birthday 06/01/1999

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Ontario, Canada
  • Interests
    Scale aircraft building, Armour building, diorama building. Commissions of any sort

Recent Profile Visitors

4,623 profile views
  1. Great looking build my friend. I like the paintwork. My only critique would be that I see some silvering on some of your decals. A gloss coat before decals can usually get rid of that problem. Cheers, Colin
  2. Alrighty, I think I've bombarded you guys with enough photos. Feel free to comment Cheers, Colin :)
  3. Hey guys! Got another finished one for ya, took about a month and a half of work and near 350 hours of work (Mostly wiring and scratch work). everything behind the engine was scratch built with the exception of the supercharger, can't really see it but it's in there! All that's left to do is some tail wheel stuff and exhaust work. I'm happy with it for now :) You can find the WIP thread HERE Anyway, nuf' talk, here ya go! Part 2 in a sec
  4. Well guys, it`s been a long road, but the Bearcat is finally DONE!! well, I`ve still a few things to put on before the Hamilton competition in march, but for now I`m ok with where it stands. Since my last update, my god, 20 days ago!! Sorry, I`ve finished decalling and weathering and even made a base with a happy little Frenchmen to boot. You can find the Display Case thread HERE Also, if anyone`s is at all curious what I`ve been doing for the past fortnight... experimenting with some figure painting; I got commissioned to make a Vignette, strangely enough Also did a little experim
  5. Thanks Mike! It took quite a while to do, but was well worth it Cheers, Colin
  6. Sooo many mistakes to fix!! I also went ahead and repainted the bombs Well, that's all I've to show for now. More to come soon! thanks for looking Cheers, Colin
  7. Hey guys, update time. Got a few decals on, no stencils yet, but soon. Got the gear on an whatnot. All the stuff here is just dryfitted at the moment, for tonight's club meeting. After taking these photos I've noticed just how much work I've got before the finish line. - Canopy - Weathering - fixing cowling -fixing engine -repairing stress fractures (More on that later) -fixing the framing around the engine and behind -making the exhaust -making the intakes -detailing the gear bay -more decaling -fix the prop -maybe some bloody dusting? Anyways, here some pics. I was really worr
  8. LOL that's pretty funny! Great work so far. Nice job with the detailing in the front office. can't wait to see more! :) Cheers, Colin
  9. Thanks Adam!! The wiring has been a royal pain to do, I make it out of stretched sprue and just start layering different coloured wires. I try and paint them before installing them, as it is really challenging to paint them and not cover everything else once they are in there. The sad thing is, I'm not even half way through all the wiring and stuff I'm planning... Thanks Rom! It took quite a while with all the different layers, but was totally worth it :D Thanks JMan! :) Thanks :) Cheers, Colin
  10. Amazing work as always Adam! Superb job on the riveting there. There's no WAY i'd be able to get riveting that straight and consistent without the use of a riveting tool! Keep up the great work, can't wait to see more! Cheers,
  11. Then topcoat time Then, feeling some of the mojo return, I took a go at some more wiring.. All in all, I'm pretty happy with hour the blue came out. I was really not looking forward to having an all monotone bird -any of you that have followed my builds before know I really do funky paint schemes- But I figured, seeing as the entire thing is the same bloody shade of blue, I could really try some modulation. It looks much cooler in person, but it captured all right in the photos above. Next up will be more detailing and maaaybe some decalling. Thanks for looking! If you've any
  12. Well, update time once again guys! Little pic heavy again. I got some paint on the puttycat! sorry, Bearcat ;) So before painting, I put the landing lights on, I REALLY didn't want to make the same mistake as I did on my Hurricane. I also finished off the other wing. I used superglue to fill the rivets on this one. My dog and I were getting a little stoned from Taymia's filler. This is the first build I've every used it on though, loving it! But to be honest, I find superglue still does a better job obliterating seams.. You might be asking yourself, "Colin, why the HELL haven't you
  13. Thanks Adam! I also ran outta steam doing all the wiring and junk. I decided I'd tackle the rest of it once I had the thing painted Cheers,
  14. Adam, Great job on the riveting and rescribing man! Wish I could get lines that clean! In regards to the raised rivets, to flatten em' out a bit, just take a few quick passes over it with some sandpaper, and shoot some compressed air over it to clear the dust. Keep up the great work! Cheers,
×
×
  • Create New...