Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'us navy'.
Found 3 results
These models are from 1:72 Hasegawa F/A-18 Super Hornet E/F 'USS NIMITZ CVW-11 Special Box Part 1' Both models come in the same box and can be built as either both E or F variant. I have done 1 of each. Patchs for each squadron are included. Here is the F variant from the VFA-154 Black Knights squadron The 2nd aircraft I have built as the E variant with the VFA-147 Argonaut's squadron
Hi guys, I want to scratch build some vehicles for my navy airplanes but I don't have any plans. Can you share some blueprints and drawings of WW2 and modern, US and British carrier vehicles? Dimensions are very important as you may imagine. Best regards M.
If I had to build only one kit for the rest of my life it would probably be the Eduard Hellcat. This is my third or fourth but I will keep building them. I have not built a night attack version however so I decided that was the way to go. I bought the weekend edition and then robbed a few parts from other boxings in the stash. I also got some metal gun barrels and a resin drop tank from Quickboost. But I wanted to use the occasion to try some new weathering techniques. I used a black base with Stynylrez which I have to say is one of the single best things you can ever use on a model kit. It makes your surface smooth and fills on minor blemishes. Next I hit areas where I wanted to chip with some Alclad II aircraft aluminum Then I tried some liquid mask and then sprayed some yellow chromate from Mig Productions I found that the liquid mask does not always come off and getting it to come off can damage the surrounding paint in a way that you don't want. The liquid mask also covered up areas that I thought were too large. So with future Hellcats I might go with chipping solution only. I sprayed some chipping solution over the yellow and then hit it with the base coat and then I faded the top of the aircraft. Then I used some steel wool to scratch and remove the liquid mask. Again, not all of the liquid mask came up. I am still doing some minor repairs and I would like to use a finer steel wool in the future but the effect was pretty good I thought. Along the leading edges of the wings I dabbed some silver paint to better replicate the fine chipping often seen on this area of the F6F. I wish I could have achieved the effect through the liquid mask or chipping solution but in the end I think that it looks 'good enough' to move on. I did take off some paint on the engine cowling so I need to repaint part of that and then weather it back in. I will also be working on the prop, drop tank, wheels and canopy as well. There are some issues that I am having and areas where it is not perfect but I think it is a step in the right direction. I am learning a lot and that is always a good thing.