I was going to put a photo build on here but I appear to have deleted a load of the photos DOH!

Anyway heres the model out of the box and heres the resin bits I threw at it.

mh434modelkit.jpg

mh434modelresin.jpg

The Airfix kit could do with some improvement. The model has quite thick trailing egdes and unless you intend to spend a load of time refining this I suggest building the model with the flaps down as intended.

If you want to build MH434 as operated by the Old Flying Machine Company then at the very least you need a set of wheels with the block tread on them. The paint scheme in the kit is wrong for MH434 and the best source of research is to get yourself to Duxford and look at the real thing. If you aren't able to do this then I recommend Airliners.net which has quite a few photos of her.

I started to build the kit with the fuselage. The interior was replaced with a True Details set and I scratch built a fire extinguisher that is in the lower part of the fuselage near the instrument panel bulkhead.

mh434modelint2.jpg

mh434modelint1.jpg

The fuselage in the engine bay was widened with sprue supports as was the under wing where the gull section is as the fuselage tries to pinch in.

Richard

• 2 months later...