F-16 Block 50's (Big mouths)

Hi guys :D

I have a Block 50 (Big mouth,GE Engined) Viper that's been sitting half done on my desk for some time now. And I think it's about time to finish it. However, the decals in the box is all Shaw or WW, and everyone have done those.

Anyone know if there are some other bases and sqadrons than Spangdalheim and Shaw that has the Block 50's ??

I know that Mouintain Home,ID (MO) has the Blk 52, but that one has the small mouth and Pratt engine. And mine is to far gone a Block 50 to rebuild unless I have to that is.

If you're looking to do a USAF jet, than you're options are the 27FW in Cannon, 20FW in Shaw, 52FW in Spang, 51FW in Osan Korea, 35FW in Kunsan Korea, or the 46TW at Eglin. I don't think I missed any.

Jake

The 51st FW at Osan AB, Korea flies Block-40s (and A/OA-10s for that matter) and the 35th FW is at Misawa AB, Japan and correctly flies Block-50s. :banana:

Greetings,

Henrik.

D'oh!! You're absolutely right, of course.

Jake

D'oh!! You're absolutely right, of course.

Jake

No problem, Jake - I know how unit designations sometimes can get mixed up!!

Great picture of the two "CC" Vipers. How is the 522nd FS CCIP programme going?? Are all their Vipers upgraded so far??

Many greetings,

Henrik.

Hmm, CCIP mod jets would face the same problems as I have with a MLU updated jet. It's virtually identical (truth with some modifications) and so are those darn "birdslizers" (IFF antennas infront of the cocpit).

That's why I hope the new Tamiya viper comes with both GE and PW engine alternatives. (small and bigmouth,As the Hase kit does), for both a block 50 and 52 jet. And if it has CCIP/IFF antenaes aswell I'l be a really happy camper. And if not , I have a nasty habit of saving parts I don't use, so those parts needed can be used from the scrap box.

That opens the kit for a slight modification of the tail and wattayaknow, a MLU jet.

I think I have the WW decals, just might build one of those, if it's not CCIP mod yet. On the other hand I think the "Samurai" MJ tailcoded ones are pritty cool.

Thanx for the ideas guys :D, If I can get my hands on some decals for the CC coded jets in '32, that would fit perfectly to my big blk 50 viper.

block 50 CJ squadrons are:

77th, 55th FS 79th Shaw

522nd FS Cannon

13th, 14th FS Misawa

22nd, 23rd FS Spangdahlam

And the 85 TES at Eglin.

LOL, no a block 40 from the block 50 kit.

Oh, yeah. That makes a lot more sense.

Jake