Easy: it has a memory function: you pull the trigger back to the setting desired and then you push the needle-travel-limiter. The line depends on various parameters (that is NOT airbrushspecific, it´s a matter of experience and sprayingskills/technique): thinning, distance and pressure: consistence should be like milk, distance to object approx. 1-2" and pressure VERY low. Practice first on a blank paper sheet. Regarding connection: tell Jan, the owner of Obeeliks, what setup you´ve used before, so he can add the fitting quicklock adapter for the hose. The Silverline is a good choice, by the way: it has solventresistant fittings and is easy to clean/maintain. You won´t be disappointed. Promise.

István

I've just bought a new AB, a Evo silverline, and I don't know this needle-travel-limiter thing.

where is it? How do you change it?

Edited by shion
I'll probably be chastised for this, but I swear by the Iwata copies that are readily available on ebay, I've been using one that I bought for around £17 inc postage, and more recently another one identical to this

3b_1.JPG

Anyway, they work superbly, probably not as well as a £300 Iwata, but good enough for me :blink:

Interesting. I looked into them when I was buying my airbrush. The £17 price tag really put me off (quite the opposite effect they probably wanted) Can precise intruments like airbrushes really be made for that measly sum of cash? I took the leap and invested £100 in what I know is one of the best airbrushes on the market. I have no idea why I feel more secure in doing so (my bank account certainly wasn't happy) but I do.... B) Strange.

You're quite right John. They don't work as well as an Iwata, but at the same time, they cost a tenth of the price and they are not ten times less good!

The big difference is that you may not be able to get spares for them, and they certainly won't last as long, but then, having paid £17 why should you care? :(

Oh yeah, I have an Iwata :D

Jen.

István, so you would highly recommend Obeeliks?

It seems the prices are very good. IIRC I saw the Evolution at a german web-shop for € 150, at Obeeliks it is € 125, that looks like quite a good deal.

Thanks,

:cheers:

Oliver

István, so you would highly recommend Obeeliks?

It seems the prices are very good. IIRC I saw the Evolution at a german web-shop for € 150, at Obeeliks it is € 125, that looks like quite a good deal.

Thanks,

:cheers:

Oliver

Exactly. I bought mine for around 150 Euros back then, and while trying to help CBREEZE to obtain one, I googled, and found Obeeliks to be the cheapest (and I still don´t know the trick, but even after importing the thingies from Germany, they are way cheaper than they in Germany). I guess, at least 10 ARCers have bought one from Obeeliks and I never heard any complaint about dealing with Jan or the airbrush itself.

István

Oliver, I bought one and haven't looked back. Although I haven't used other airbrushes (the H&S Evo being my first dual action...or single action for that matter) the learning curve was definately made MUCH shallower for me using this product.

The maintenance/cleaning is especially easy and, with the right consistency, it sprays beautifully. Even after using it for 6 months, I can spray pencil thin lines with relative ease.

BIG thumbs up from me!

Edited by PapaSmurf630