Since we are talking Black Hawks...

very nice Paul, an other great build to follow

Could we know what you change to the nemrod figures ?

Keep us updated

Norbert

Hello Norbert

The 160th crews use a different helmet, (HGU 56 P), and they also wear a different survival vest, (SARVSO) that includes an extraction harness with carabiners built in. I modified the nemrod figures by adding the vest from milliput and wire, and used milliput to try and modify thier helmets.

GREAT pictures in the book "Nightstalkers" ISBN 0-7603-2141-8, Fred J Pushies, Zenith Press. www.zenithbooks.com .

Paul

Here In ARC walkaround's is what you need for interior shots. Plus a link to a UH-60A. with interior photos

MH-60L Blackhawk Special Ops. Here

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/pat_hens...hawk_walk_1.htm

I am not into CH-47's But I like to make a MH-47 160th SOR bird in 1/35th. What do I need? Trump. 1/35th CH-47D as a base then what?

Thanks

:bandhead2: Danny

Here In ARC walkaround's is what you need for interior shots. Plus a link to a UH-60A. with interior photos

MH-60L Blackhawk Special Ops. Here

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/pat_hens...hawk_walk_1.htm

I am not into CH-47's But I like to make a MH-47 160th SOR bird in 1/35th. What do I need? Trump. 1/35th CH-47D as a base then what?

Thanks

:bandhead2: Danny

Danny, the same thing I need, LOTS of pics, plastic and time! Oh and of course 100 plus USD's to buy the kit LOL

When I started this modeling thing 35 years ago you could buy a revell or monogram kit for 5-7 bucks.. no more mowing the lawn for model money anymore huh? Luckily I had 3 UH/MH/HH-60 35th kits in my stash so I have extras like the IRF boom , Miniguns etc. That should help with the MH-47 parts, but Ill scratch build what I dont have and probably use Cobras new A model sets with modification on the interior.

Paul

3/160th SOAR uses the MH-47D it has the standard size tanks/sponsons from what I can tell when I get there if they need to be enlarged Ill laminate plastic and sand to the correct profile or use 50 lbs of milliput to make them, thats why Im staying away from the E version that would require a LOT more milliput LOL Must focus on MH60L youre making me want to rip open the plastic on the 47 LOL

Paul

Paul,

What helmets do the Nemrod figures come with? SPH-4Bs? That's rather odd, since the HGU-56/P has been standard since the mid-90s.

The SARVSO vest is non-standard. Pretty much SOAR has the freedom to set up their vests as they please and they use a lot of non-standard stuff.

Our standard vest here at Rucker is the older AIRSAVE vest, but active duty units have started wearing the new Air Warrior vest.

The new SOAR exhibit here at the Rucker museum has three mannequins with the proper gear on them (Mustang suits, survival vests, etc.) I should be able to get over there during our winter break (starting on the 20th) and so I should be able to take some pics for ya.

BTW, Here's an MH-47D

DN-SC-95-01608.jpg

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian
Guest LITTLE BIRD 117
Paul,

What helmets do the Nemrod figures come with? SPH-4Bs? That's rather odd, since the HGU-56/P has been standard since the mid-90s.

The SARVSO vest is non-standard. Pretty much SOAR has the freedom to set up their vests as they please and they use a lot of non-standard stuff.

Our standard vest here at Rucker is the older AIRSAVE vest, but active duty units have started wearing the new Air Warrior vest.

The new SOAR exhibit here at the Rucker museum has three mannequins with the proper gear on them (Mustang suits, survival vests, etc.) I should be able to get over there during our winter break (starting on the 20th) and so I should be able to take some pics for ya.

BTW, Here's an MH-47D

DN-SC-95-01608.jpg

Jon

Hey Jon,

What I get confused about is what vest did the use in the "MOG"? I have been told the airsave but others have said they did not. Can you clarify? Thanks for the help. Here is another pic of a 47D with an IFR.

MH47d.jpg

HTH,

LB117

there's another one on airliners. It's definitely a beautiful bird. Just notice the sensors that are partially covering the top front portion of the gunners windows. I think that is the same sensor that USED to be on the K's door (and the other one is behind the cargo doors)

I actaully just saw this picture on airlines.net before you posted it. For everyone else, it is a pic from 2006, so it is the newest batch of MH-60L pics (only 2, but w/e) that I have seen.

take care,

Austin

EDIT: BTW Cobrahistorian, can you take detail pics of the 160th uniforms/helmets/gear? If you would rather send an email my address is arkhunter2002@yahoo.com. I am going to be working on a few things after I get done w/ my 1/48th pavehawk including a 1/35 MH-60L and a 1/35 MD-500 from blackwater. Speaking of that, does anyone have any good pictures of a blackwater MD-500 (or what type is it)?

Edited by arkhunter2002

Cool! That Hook on the building is from my unit. 28th Aviation Brigade, 104th Aviation, PA Guard. My former company CO was on the controls for that shot. (I know, you guys are saying how's a Chinook driver a CO for an attack guy.. My company was overseas when I got to the unit, so I fell in under 2nd battalion for administrative purposes) I've actually flown in 264. Cool bird.

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian

want some cool pics? IDK where I got these from, but it was probably from a google search...

i1cu8.jpg

i2qi0.jpg

When I build my 1/35th MH-60L (after christmas) I am opting to go for the first pic, but I have no idea what the name is. It is something like "little b**" I don't know what the last two letters are.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LITTLE BIRD 117
want some cool pics? IDK where I got these from, but it was probably from a google search...

i1cu8.jpg

i2qi0.jpg

When I build my 1/35th MH-60L (after christmas) I am opting to go for the first pic, but I have no idea what the name is. It is something like "little b**" I don't know what the last two letters are.

Hey Archunter,

the first and second pics are the same, if you look close enough at the front of the bird there is a skull with cross bones in the front of each bird.

LB

• 5 months later...

i1cu8.jpg

i2qi0.jpg

G'Day mate,

I see you are trying to find out what the "art" is. Well, I can tell you it says uncle Ben. I hope this helps you out mate!

Ok guys, I've got another Blackhawk question.

I've just come into an Academy Hawk kit in 48th. Looks good. Haven't decided on a paint scheme just yet, but I'm definitely leaning towards a regular Army UH-60L with CMWS, Sand Filters and M240 MGs. Question is, does anyone do M240s in 48th scale? Of course, I'm gonna have to do custom markings for it, since no one does Army helicopter decals, but I've got shots of a UH-60L with a grim reaper on the engine cowl. I may go with those markings, but I'm keeping my options open.

Suggestions?

Jon