Hasegawa GBU10/12

Hi all,

So I'm working on Revell's F-15e. Going to go with the 'Iraqi Freedom' Loadout #3 on

http://www.f-15estrikeeagle.com/navigation...ex_loadouts.htm

I have bought the Hasegawa X48-2 Aircraft Weapons: B (US Guided Bombs and Rocket Launchers) for the GBU 10 and 12.

I have a few questions I'd like you guys' help with...

1) Can someone please direct me to a good paint scheme guide or really good photos of the GBU 10 and 12? Every site I've been to has different variants and many fuzzy photos. I want to be sure I have the correct color scheme for Desert Storm (1991). I plan on doing the 335th Tactical Fighter Squadron 'Chiefs', 4th FTW.

2) Are the Hasegawa kit's GBU's correct? Seems that the GBU-12 and GBU-10 don't have such prominent 'winglets' as the one's in the Hasegawa kit, esp the GBU-12? All the references I've found on the web indicate very 'slim' looking bombs (just like the pics on the f-15estrikeeagle.com site) especially the GBU-12... is this just an old accessory kit that's just dated and is therefore incorrect?

Thanks for your help gents.

-Greg

The GBUs in Weapons Set B are the old Vietnam era Paveway I style, with different fins than the Paveway IIs used in DS and later. Weapons Set D has the proper style of GBU-10/12s.

A Google search for GBU-10 and GBU-12 will yield lots of images.

Edited by Dave Williams

As mentioned above, you need Weapons Set D for the right GBU's, but as far as painting, really, anything goes. The basic color is olive drab, but because of the fact that the bomb bodies themselves are kept outside, the paint wears really fast, leading to different variations in color. Often times, you will find the fins and guidance sections to be "fresher" and darker, as those are kept inside in controlled conditions, and the bombs they are attached to being very light.

The control collar that connects the guidence section to the actual bomb should be military brown (or something similar)

Hope this helps.

Aaron

As mentioned above, you need Weapons Set D for the right GBU's, but as far as painting, really, anything goes. The basic color is olive drab, but because of the fact that the bomb bodies themselves are kept outside, the paint wears really fast, leading to different variations in color. Often times, you will find the fins and guidance sections to be "fresher" and darker, as those are kept inside in controlled conditions, and the bombs they are attached to being very light.

The control collar that connects the guidence section to the actual bomb should be military brown (or something similar)

Hope this helps.

Aaron

And then there is also the light grey now more commonly found. Its really visually interesting when you hve grey parts and olive parts on the same pice of ordinance.