My builds for 2006

WOW! You got a but load of really nice models finished last year. Congrats!! I didn't finish very many :whistle: I did build my F-4 Phantom and F-11 Tiger to go along with my 1/48 scale Blue angels set. I've been working at this for a couple years. Anyway, CONGRATS ON FINISHING SO MANY!!! THEY ARE B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!

SLICK

WOW! You got a but load of really nice models finished last year. Congrats!! I didn't finish very many :whistle: I did build my F-4 Phantom and F-11 Tiger to go along with my 1/48 scale Blue Angels set. I've been working at this for a couple years. Anyway, CONGRATS ON FINISHING SO MANY!!! THEY ARE B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!

SLICK

Awesome set of builds overall, but those 'Cats rock!! Were did you get decals for the VF-103 "Sluggers" scheme ( the one with the pale grey/yellow arrow on the fin) I particularly like this scheme and have a great reference/inspirational pic in an old Osprey "Super Carrier" book but have never seen decals for this one. And I have a large (8 or 9!) stash of Cat's to build at some point.

Fantastic years work, look forward to more in 2007.

Eng :angry:

Thanks again boys and girls :beer4:

Awesome set of builds overall, but those 'Cats rock!! Were did you get decals for the VF-103 "Sluggers" scheme ( the one with the pale grey/yellow arrow on the fin) I particularly like this scheme and have a great reference/inspirational pic in an old Osprey "Super Carrier" book but have never seen decals for this one. And I have a large (8 or 9!) stash of Cat's to build at some point.

Fantastic years work, look forward to more in 2007.

Eng :angry:

The decals were from the old >> Microscale/Superscale #72-480 << sheet. I was fortunate that I found mine at the Elescar show back in 2004, from a vendor that had stacks of the old sheets, but I can't remember his trading name, and not seen him since.

More Cats to come this year, one of the first will be this one...

F14A_VF032_AE212_161159_001.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen

Mr Mullen.... perhaps you'd like to share with the group ????

Just how bl**dy big is your display cabinet(s) ????

Great, great builds and photos, Andy, thanks for sharing.

Ian

Mr Mullen.... perhaps you'd like to share with the group ????

Just how bl**dy big is your display cabinet(s) ????

Great, great builds and photos, Andy, thanks for sharing.

Ian

They are big but not enough shelving, I haven't found a glazier yet that can make more so I can utilise the space more.

Shot of the cabinets today

Display_Case_021.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to build one Tomcat also...I love it...

Can you please advise which of F-14 kits is the best one? (I mean if hasse or revell, italeri or so on...)

If you mark them from 1-5 it 'd be perfect ;-)

PS> you + cat => LOVE 4 EVER :salute:

I'd like to build one Tomcat also...I love it...

Can you please advise which of F-14 kits is the best one? (I mean if hasse or revell, italeri or so on...)

If you mark them from 1-5 it 'd be perfect ;-)

PS> you + cat => LOVE 4 EVER :crying:

Thanks Rusty :salute:

Here is my list of Tomcats in order of preference.

1. 1/72 F-14A/B/D Hasegawa - Highly detailed and lots of parts making for a long build

2. 1/72 F-14A Fujimi - Again Highly detailed but not as many parts as the Hasegawa

3. 1/72 F-14D Revell - Nice build, but haven't yet built a F-14A, so can't comment on that kit.

4. 1/72 F-14A Academy - builds into a fairly decent Tomcat

5. 1/72 F-14A Italeri - will build up to look like a Tomcat

6. 1/72 F-14A Airfix - very basic early Tomcat

HTH