Seeking information on this Curtiss biplane

I've taken an interest in the plane visible in the fourth photo down on this page. I gather it's the same model as that flown by Ely on the first ship-based takeoff.

My question, then, is what kits, if any, are available of this subject? I've already looked under multiple tag words, but nothing besides a couple of (expensive) old kits. Any ideas?

I have never heard of any, Sir. But it would be a pretty straight-forward scratchbuild, depending on your scale, since it is basically just wings and struts and a motor and fittings.

There might be some useful drawings on the WWI Aero master list:

http://www.ww1aeroplanesinc.org/docs/materials%20list.htm

HIya Mig

From the photo it appears to be a Curtiss Model D Pusher. There were no kits that I am aware of, but I do have a couple of sheets of drawings done by Paul Matt some time ago. If you are interested I could scan and send them to you.

Cheers

Mike

• 3 months later...

Hello Mig,

this plane is a Curtis Pusher "Golden Flyer" and it exists at least one kit in 1/48 :worship: .

Look here: Curtis Golden Flyer.

It is made by a french company named AJPMaquettes and is a little bit strange to build, because of consisting of photo etched frets which have to be covered in tissue paper. From the fotos on their website it can turn out as a real eye catcher,as well as all their other planes. personally I'm very fond of the Antionette :wub: and the Spad A2.

Happy modelling

Klaus

Hello Mig,

this plane is a Curtis Pusher "Golden Flyer" and it exists at least one kit in 1/48 :D .

Look here: Curtis Golden Flyer.

It is made by a french company named AJPMaquettes and is a little bit strange to build, because of consisting of photo etched frets which have to be covered in tissue paper. From the fotos on their website it can turn out as a real eye catcher,as well as all their other planes. personally I'm very fond of the Antionette :) and the Spad A2.

Happy modelling

Klaus

Klaus, thanks for posting that link. I never knew that company existed! Now I can get my hands on a 1/48th Potez XXV!!!

Vince