Things have been a bit quiet since the posting of the sinking Swordfish by old Doc and so here is an uninspiring picture of the Mavis. The lines I think are very attractive but because of the limited amount of reference material it is a bit difficult to do much by way of add ons. The distortion of the port wing is due to the proximity of the lense. Wing is just balanced on the pylons pro temps. The silver by the way is Revell - in those silly square pots - cheap and used as a primer for the dark green. The Revell seems to spray OK but boy does it get thick - some yellow I bought a couple of months back is like tar - but you get a lot of paint when thinned. Haven't used it as the finishing coat yet. It is quite big as 1/72 models go. Would love to put it on water but will require a big space. Will wait 'til the warmr weather before thinking about that - and then get old Doc to do it for me.

Mavisga.jpg

:doh: ........pardon? Are you sure...... you must have had a good day at work?

Seriously though am not sure what I am going to do with it.... it seems that chipping and flaking of the paint was a bit of a myth - save on one or two earlier aircraft - fading did not occur as much as has otherwise beeen suggested and in the Pacific they did not get the filthy weather that happened elsewhere. At the moment i intend moderation until it looks in my view " about right". But water would make the world of difference.