Navy mandates toning down of Super Hornets

The ultimate ARC event:

Chuck Norris doing a Kobra flying a Tweet adorned in Jolly Rogers markings (good ones, with the airwing code on the rudder and a langley stripe) with a Moai copilot.

Dying to see that photoshopped!

Spongebob

Holy heck, alert Alvis!!! This should be his top project for the next Silly Week!!! :thumbsup:

The ultimate ARC event:

Chuck Norris doing a Kobra flying a Tweet adorned in Jolly Rogers markings (good ones, with the airwing code on the rudder and a langley stripe) with a Moai copilot.

Dying to see that photoshopped!

Spongebob

If it doesn't have a false canopy painted on it (low viz of course) I'm not interested. :worship:

Darren,

The tomcat guys were normally on their own program as they were "too cool for school" to follow the rules. Of course, their jets are all chopped up or on sticks now.....

Sweet looking jets, I'd bet not one working radar in that picture.

Spongebob

I'd bet not one working radar in that picture.

Spongebob

They didn't need it, since they could launch a Phoenix, and opposing aircraft by the score, would drop out of the sky in front of them.

Regards,

Murph

Darren,

The tomcat guys were normally on their own program as they were "too cool for school" to follow the rules. Of course, their jets are all chopped up or on sticks now.....

Sweet looking jets, I'd bet not one working radar in that picture.

Spongebob

Being that I was a former AWG-9 tech in I-level maintenance. I can tell you how much pain and discomfort it was to just get some of those part to fix. Even cooler was watch as one of the high power transformers or power supplies would fail and either a large blue lighting bolt would leave torching every thing not ground on its path to the side of the ship or would proceed to become a weinie roster completely with its own flame. :) The hardest and heaviest thing to work on was the actual transmitters. I can't count how many times I when I was on the 2001 cruise with the Big E and CVW-8. Watch as we would put blood sweat and tears into putting those transmitters back out only to see the AT's of VF-14 and 41 leave them exposed to the elements and then ***** that they didn't work. We got one back that no kidding emptying out the waveguide (the part where the radar beam goes to the antenna) we got about a liter of water and about half a liter of sand when we put it up on a drain stand to drain the coolant out. :) Needless to say that became our canniable queen until we could ship it home for depot repair.

well I am avoiding the melee about the low vis / high vis stuff except to say that the Navy's job is to fly combat, not provide pretty jets for us to replicate in scale. I personally like the "workhorse" lo-vis jets, though I agree that I think the senior leadership has more important things to do than worry about a few unreg markings

My Congrats to my fellow Combat Aircraft published photogs, John and Jeff - Have you noticed all our names start with "J"? Too funny. Will have to run to Barnes & (un)Noble tomorrow to get a look.

...the Navy's job is to fly combat, not provide pretty jets for us to replicate in scale. I personally like the "workhorse" lo-vis jets, though I agree that I think the senior leadership has more important things to do than worry about a few unreg markings

Amen on every count, brother!! :thumbsup:

Well, you're in luck. SpongeBob was a West Coast Aviator at Point Mugu. So, it "MAY" get you somewhere...

Rodney

:beer4: (In Tweetybird voice) Rodney don't know me vewy well do he, eh Sponge?

If there's anyone I shoulda expended chapstick for, it would've been RR's Senior MedO about a year ago. Even then, no amount of lip-planting can change reality.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, I know, I know! How about 2005? Here's part of the Rippers' line, in all their colorful glory. All their jets were painted with hi-vis markings. Dare I say they were the last squadron to have a full line up of hi-vis markings.

Mr Roberts! March yourself directly to the Principal's Office for your corporal punishment young man! :beer4:

Good grief. Is this thread powered by Energizer?

Chappie

This is the thread that never ends,

And it goes on and on my friends.

Somebody started posting here, not knowing what it was,

And so we keep on posting here forever just because,

This is the thread tha.......

This is the thread tha.......

Ummm...I think you're looking for the "Moai Vincent" thread...