Aircraft equivalent of the "Yugo"?

I owned a Renault "LeCar". A yugo couldn't have been much worse.

While my truck is in the shop the insurance company has arranged for me to drive a rental - a Chevy Aveo, which I've become convinced is not much better than either "LeCar" or the Yugo.

Though I did manage to get it up and down the Sierra today in the biggest snowstorm of the season - a failure of risk management, or a triumph of skiing addiction? you decide!

Sounds like the '81 Mercury with the HORRIFIC variable-venturi carburator we had...most awful contraption ever devised. Damned thing would stall multiple times every time leaving the house. If the accelerator was floored, it did an astonishing 0-35 in about 14 seconds if I recall.

But, whenever Dad took it out to his favorite trout fishing spots, he swore it was the toughest little mud-car he ever had, amazingly able to get across streams and the like. Go figure.

Sounds like the '81 Mercury with the HORRIFIC variable-venturi carburator we had...most awful contraption ever devised. Damned thing would stall multiple times every time leaving the house. If the accelerator was floored, it did an astonishing 0-35 in about 14 seconds if I recall.

But, whenever Dad took it out to his favorite trout fishing spots, he swore it was the toughest little mud-car he ever had, amazingly able to get across streams and the like. Go figure.

Nah, I think today's story has much more to do with my superior driving skills. (Considering I saw a Subaru do a 180 into the guardrail).

At least that's my story. :D