Learned Something New re Thin Superglue

While working on Hasegawa's F-104 this morning, I applied some thin superglue only to have some of it run on to the fuselage. I panicked, because I didn't want to have to sand the glue off and loose the engraved panel line and rivet detail.

I used some 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol, applied on a cloth, and wiped the superglue with it. The super glue came off without a trace.

I thought that fingernail polish remover was the only chemical that could safely remove superglue. It appears that 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol works well as a superglue remover, which was good news to me.

Jeff

So, basically, the CA hadn't had a chance to set up? Good to know! I'll keep a small bottle of Isopropyl on the bench from now on just in case!

Thanks. I'm not sure it would work if the glue is dried then, but it's useful information to have if I need a quick save.

acetone also works, for removing super glue, often that is the key ingredient in nail polish remover.

Ron

It is indeed.

I often use nail polish remover to "unglue" my fingers after a mishap :)

:cheers:

MikeJ

That is good to know.... I usually just wipe it off and accept that I'll have some repair/surgery to do to fix the damage....

I leared another thing about thin CA glue....

Don't try to use a Touch-n-Flow applicator with thin CA glue.... Bye-Bye-$

Murray