Old Revell space station with shuttle..

About 20 years ago, I received a model of a Revell Space station with a Space shuttle (in one box). I think the scale was 1/144?

The station had two large solar panels, two oval modules and truss work and crane. The shuttle could be attached to the bottom of the station.

I don't have this model anymore, but I am wondering if anyone would have any information on this kit. Would anyone have it in there stash?

Thanks for your help.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

What is the kit name and number? I am trying to do a Google search on this kit but can't find anything.

Scott

I've got a couple and I'd like to build at least one of them someday. I built that thing as a kid....docked a shuttle to it. What do you want to know?

Justin

The design itself was based on some early Lockheed concepts for a light weight space station, circa 1979-80 time frame. It was intended to be something a little less ambitious then the plans for Space Station Freedom (which was in the early planning stages).

As for the kit, they do pop up pretty frequently on eBay. If you do get one to build, be careful as those solar arrays are quite massive and a bit fragile if one isn't careful. The kit itself was issued circa 1984-85 by Revell US (with the Ceji Revell label on the box) and it was a part of a series of near future stations and satellites issued that year with and without shuttle kits. The other two were the Power satellite (issued with shuttle) and the Laser battlestation satellites. The Operations Center and Power satellite models were pretty common. But I never saw the laser ones in person (although I know they were done).