Help

Guest Guest_frank

Guest Guest_frank

Hi I am using Model Master enamel paint gunship gray on my f-4g. And theres a problem when i spray it through the airbrush the paint is like splattering by that i mean the paint doesnt come out in a line theres like little circles spraying everywhere. I know im rather new to airbrushing, but the day before i was using hte gray and this didnt occur. the consistency was about hte same, which is about milk consistency. so i dont know why this has happened, so now theres like little dots over the gray which is suppose to be a line. is the airbrush clogged? or was the mixture too thick? or something i dont know about. thanks for all ur input.

sounds like a dirty brush. You stated that the paint was used before. So I assume that you have the mix right again. You that you used the airbrush before and it was OK, and lastly your new to airbrushing. Clean your brush! The most important rule to airbrushing is proper clean up so you can do it all over again. It could still be the paint not being mixed properly but I'd bet on not cleaned well enough.

Every time I have a problem with airbrushing it goes away after a through airbrushing cleaning.

I mean a full teardown and rebuild after every painting session. Its not necessary after every colour in multi colour sessions. But once your done a full cleaning is next.

One quick test is to try another colour if it doesn't work then its not the paint. Spray straight thinner through the brush. If it doesn't spray it very, very dirty or physically damaged or plugged.

Hope it helps.

Ron :cheers:

Or it could be the same problem I had. The A/B was sputtering & slattering.Tore it apart & cleaned,even changed tips & needle (Badger 150) Still did the same thing.Went to my local hobbie shop,told him the problem.He asked me if I use bee`s wax on the threads after cleaning. Bought some,got home,unscrewed the tip parts and applied a small amount.....FIXED !!! :thumbsup: The bee`s wax acts as a sealer.

HTH

Paul T

Guest Guest_frank

I changed the needle for the airbrush and the same results happened. I think it might be the paint which is at least a year and a half old. cause with the new needle in the same splattering results happened. so i think it might be the paint. glad to hear more suggestions that u guys might have.

Guest Guest_frank

i tried it this afternoon with thinner paint and it doesnt splatter anymore. thanks for all ur guys input and help. i guess i wasnt putting enough thinner into the mixture. thanks again