Bristol Bulldog References?

Hi all - I'm looking for some reference photos of the cockpit of a Bristol Bulldog - I have the old Lindberg 1/48 kit and the cockpit detail is very scarce.

I'm also keen on any reference pics for any other details of the aircraft.

Anyone able to help out with references (web sites, scans or books)?

Cheers,

BC

I would recommend the book On Silver Wings, co-authors Alec Lumsden and Owen Thetford. Published By Osprey, ISBN 1 855 32374 5. The book was based on a series of articles published in Aeroplane Monthly.

There were some good articles with photos and line drawings that appeared in Scale Models in the early seventies, sorry I can't remember dates or volumes. If they come to hand (they are archived somewhere in my house!) I will post here.

peebeep

Hi all - I'm looking for some reference photos of the cockpit of a Bristol Bulldog - I have the old Lindberg 1/48 kit and the cockpit detail is very scarce.

I'm also keen on any reference pics for any other details of the aircraft.

Anyone able to help out with references (web sites, scans or books)?

Cheers,

BC

If you send me a snail-mail address, Sir, I will be able to send some drawings and photographs on the Bulldog's cockpit.

Edited by Old Man
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an extra duplicate Profile Publication on the Bulldog. a couple of pages of color Profiles with some nice pics and a history of the development and service of the aircraft. If you're interested, PM me and I'm sure we could work something out.

One reference is Data Plan 2: The Bristol Bulldog by Alfred Granger 1973 ISBN 0 903456 02 X

20 pages , mostly drawings. Old but not impossible to obtain, one source http://www.antiqbook.co.uk/boox/sol/9658.shtml

More recent publication, which I haven't seen myself

Crawford. Alex. Bristol Bulldog, Gloster Gauntlet mushroom model publications

reviews : http://www.mmpbooks.biz/books/8389450046/8389450046r.htm

few photos of a Bulldog in a museum can be seen here http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/photor...llinportti2002/

This museum is located about one hour drive from my home :salute:

Thanks for the additional info guys, most helpful!

vjhl2000 - it must be wonderful living close to a museum with these sorts of aircraft - it's a pity that the web site only has a fre pictures of the cockpit but it does indeed give me a few leads! I may look into some of those publications too :D

JasonW - does the profile publications book have any detail shots of the cockpit or other details by any chance?

Regards,

BC

JasonW - does the profile publications book have any detail shots of the cockpit or other details by any chance?
Hi Brad,

The Profile has only one pictures of the cockpit. Lots of good pictures of the exterior of the plane and one five view color profile and a page of six or seven color side view profiles.

Profile Pubs were great for camo schemes and exterior detail, not so much for the interior shots though.

Sorry could be more help.