how about this for an idea?

Hmmm... The J as a gunship... From what I've heard from here, they say that the J is not really that stable enough to be a gun platform... but who knows...

sir Ryan, about your build, maybe you can just use an AC-130U kit and swap its props and cowlings from a J kit.. that would save you some time...

but then again, the tall order here is the BMC booths, gun breeches etc...

maybe I'll just watch here for the moment, I cant risk my kit yet... hehe

Hmmm... The J as a gunship... From what I've heard from here, they say that the J is not really that stable enough to be a gun platform... but who knows...

sir Ryan, about your build, maybe you can just use an AC-130U kit and swap its props and cowlings from a J kit.. that would save you some time...

but then again, the tall order here is the BMC booths, gun breeches etc...

maybe I'll just watch here for the moment, I cant risk my kit yet... hehe

I think that the J model's engine cowlings are different in shape than on the U model. But, if they are the same, then I will just use the J model's props. Also, I don't know if the AC-130J is the -30 or just the standard fuselage. Can anyone shed some light on this? One thing that is holding me back right now is that both kits are expensive. I think the U model is somewhere around $75.00, and the J model is around $90-100. Now, all of my problems would be solved if Itealeri(or something like that) would come out with an

AC-130J. However, I don't see this happening anytime soon. When I get enough money to buy both kits,I will start on this project. For the time being, I'm just trying to get all of my plans together.

By the way, I'm planning on closing the rear cargo bay door, so I'm not really worried about the interior.( I

know, I'm taking the easy way out.)

If I can ever figure out how to post pics, I will put some on here when I start.

See you later,RYAN. :unsure:

Edited by caudleryan
I think that the J model's engine cowlings are different in shape than on the U model. But, if they are the same, then I will just use the J model's props. Also, I don't know if the AC-130J is the -30 or just the standard fuselage. Can anyone shed some light on this? One thing that is holding me back right now is that both kits are expensive. I think the U model is somewhere around $75.00, and the J model is around $90-100. Now, all of my problems would be solved if Itealeri(or something like that) would come out with an

AC-130J. However, I don't see this happening anytime soon. When I get enough money to buy both kits,I will start on this project. For the time being, I'm just trying to get all of my plans together.

By the way, I'm planning on closing the rear cargo bay door, so I'm not really worried about the interior.( I

know, I'm taking the easy way out.)

If I can ever figure out how to post pics, I will put some on here when I start.

See you later,RYAN. :salute:

Uhhh, there isn't a AC-130J... any discussion on whether or not it is a -30 would be completely fictional at this point.

Both the AC-130H and the AC-130U are derived from C-130H models.

Are you maybe referring to a SLICK C-130J? If so, Italeri makes one I think... but it's not a -30.

to skull leader...

Ryan's attempting to build a fictional gunship version of the J, there's yet to appear a C-130J gunship version...

to sir Ryan

all gunships used standard length C-130 fuselages, and yes, the engine cowlings for the J are different to the other C-130s, so its necessary to change the cowlings, as well as the props

to skull leader...

Ryan's attempting to build a fictional gunship version of the J, there's yet to appear a C-130J gunship version...

to sir Ryan

all gunships used standard length C-130 fuselages, and yes, the engine cowlings for the J are different to the other C-130s, so its necessary to change the cowlings, as well as the props

Hans,

If you look at caudleryan's last two posts, he is clearly referring to an aircraft which he believes is real. If you look back at my last post you'll see I ask the same question.

Uhhh, there isn't a AC-130J... any discussion on whether or not it is a -30 would be completely fictional at this point.

Both the AC-130H and the AC-130U are derived from C-130H models.

Are you maybe referring to a SLICK C-130J? If so, Italeri makes one I think... but it's not a -30.

Actually the AC-130H is derived from a C-130E airframe.