RAF Dark Slate Grey

Hi

I have PolyScale's crylic paint #5266, wich is supposed to be Dark Slate Grey. However, upon opening the jar, it is green????

Did I miss something - and that Dark Slate Grey is actually a shade of green, or might the jar be mislabelled?

:whistle::yahoo: :blink:

According the RAF color chart on the IPMS Stockholm site, RAF Dark Slate Gray is approximately FS 34096, which is a green. FS 34096 is Model Master enamel 2027 and is named Dark Green (B-52). As a matter of fact, this FAQ on j-aircraft.com says that this color is an exact match for Mitsubishi interior green.

So, yes, I think it is a shade of green.

Edited by zeus60

If you leave it as it comes out of the tin the green is not so apparent when it dries, but if you put a coat of clear over it it really changes colour, this is what it did to my Spit floatplane when I gave it a coat of satin clear:

SpitfireMk.VbFloatplane001.jpg

Robert

Bugs me though that they call it ....grey..... when it isn't

Could only happen in the United Kingdom my boy, after all 'sky' is also green! To be fair my BS chip of dark slate grey is greenish-greyish, but you would definitely put the green before the grey.

peebeep