wanted BAe Hawk xx226 Tiger photo's?

Hi Guys

Several years ago I built a model of this aircraft in 1/32 scale . whilst researching the pilots name below the cockpit I found out it was SQN LDR DM Lewin. Now several years later the very man has contacted me and request any photo's of his aircraft showing clearly his name as his kids don't believe he flew them. any help would be appreciated and forwarded to the very man. Thank you in advance

John :)

Edited by tigger

Hi Guys,

Found your site - what a great network you have! Yes my kids think my war stories were all in my vivid imagination so if there are any clear pics of ac with my name on the side I'd love to show them to them!

'My' ac were XV432 if I recall (FGR2) 29(F) Sqn 1982-85, XT898 228 OCU 85-88, LA 76041 (Luke AFB Arizona F-15) 1988-91, and XX266 Hawk T1A 74 Sqn when I was the squadron commander 1995-97.

Guess we all take too much for granted when life's rushing past at 1500mph and I should have taken more photos at the time!!!

Kind regards to you all and many thanks indeed for looking,

Dave Lewins

(now flying slightly less interesting jets - 757s - or at least usually less interesting - unless you ask a certain 777 pilot recently.....now surely there's going to be a good story....)

Welcome aboard Dave!

Would certainly LOVE to hear your stories of flying Phantoms sometime!

Cheers!

John

Hey John,

Were you on the F4 then? I loved the beast - a p-i-g pig (to quote Animal House) to fly sometimes but a great old machine, way ahead of its time (at the time). And the best thing after flying the F4 was a dream tour on the Eagle which had every single facet of the old Toom 'fixed' - ie every thing you ever wanted fixed had been fixed by Mickey D. Nice work. Great jets both of them!

Dave

Hey John,

Were you on the F4 then? I loved the beast - a p-i-g pig (to quote Animal House) to fly sometimes but a great old machine, way ahead of its time (at the time). And the best thing after flying the F4 was a dream tour on the Eagle which had every single facet of the old Toom 'fixed' - ie every thing you ever wanted fixed had been fixed by Mickey D. Nice work. Great jets both of them!

Dave

Hey there Dave,

I only WISH I was on F-4s! I had to live through my Dad in that department. He worked on American Phantoms (1966 - 1968 and Air National Guard from 1979 thru 1990).

Cheers!

John