Inexpensive $5 sprue cutter!

I found a flush-cut sprue cutter at Fry's electronics for $4.99. Is is called "Xcelite" 170m Shearcutter made by Cooper Tools in the USA.

This one looks exactly like the Xuron cutter. It has a black metal tip, narrow nose, with sprung orange plastic handles.

Fry's actually had three different styles of cutters for $4.99 plus several others at higher prices.

Here is on on-line link:

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/1916908;j...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Edited by j-fever
I found a flush-cut sprue cutter at Fry's electronics for $4.99. Is is called "Xcelite" 170m Shearcutter made by Cooper Tools in the USA.

This one looks exactly like the Xuron cutter. It has a black metal tip, narrow nose, with sprung orange plastic handles.

Fry's actually had three different styles of cutters for $4.99 plus several others at higher prices.

Here is on on-line link:

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/1916908;j...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

I have it from a reliable source that Xuron will be introducing a new sprue cutter that is the cats meow... :popcorn:

I have it from a reliable source that Xuron will be introducing a new sprue cutter that is the cats meow... :popcorn:

How soon?

can you spill the beans, guts or anything else and tell us more?

Regards,

Jose

How soon?

can you spill the beans, guts or anything else and tell us more?

Regards,

Jose

Preproduction samples are close...so they can be used to create the marketing materials and send out for reviews. As soon as I know something I will let everyone know...what I can say is they are SWEET! :taunt: I'm hoping for release second quarter...maybe sooner. :worship:

I have one of those Xcelite cutters, which I got at Home Depot for about 10 bucks, but it was packaged with a knockoff of the Xuron tweezer-nose pliers. A couple of great tools, that I highly recommend. Just be careful cutting wire with it. the blades on this are a little soft.

And do tell more about the new Xuron sprue cutter!

Edited by RedHeadKevin
Preproduction samples are close...so they can be used to create the marketing materials and send out for reviews. As soon as I know something I will let everyone know...what I can say is they are SWEET! :whistle: I'm hoping for release second quarter...maybe sooner. :)

Come on Gerald, how do they compare to the cam-action sprue cutters I have from Micro-Mark?

I can't imagine a better cutter.

Edited by MikeV