I just finished reading Black Aces High and i want to do a jet at that time frame does anyone know where i could find pic's of both vf-41 and vf-14 in the Kosovo war i have looked everywhere. Oh by the way great book if anyone hasn't read it :rofl:

Just so happens I was at Fallon during CAG-8's workups for that cruise... but I broke my laptop this weekend and all my photos are on there. Sometime next week, keep this thread up and I'll post a few shots.

Jets were Dark Ghost Gray overall w/ Euro Gray markings. But I remember some of them being overall Light Ghost Gray as well...

As for the requisite hinting at future decals...well, I'll see what I can do.

-brian

That would be a cool sheet brian i was thinking of an idea for a sheet to. it would be a big sheet though and wouldn't be cheep how about tomcats in action sheet do like a jet from each squadron that has alot of mission markings. that would be really cool

VF-41 during that cruise (off Kennedy I think) has never been done in those neat tail markings of the spade with the red diagonal, thick at top thinning to a point at the bottom.....And VF-14 just doesnt get enough love period.......And both are CVW-8 back then.........If you print it...I will buy.

TR is correct for the cruise where 41 flew missions over Kosovo. I have a friend who was a pilot with the Black Aces at the time. I went on a "Dependents Day" cruise with him out of Norfolk on the TR just after he got back. I remember seeing some video footage he had when he dropped bombs on an ammo dump. Would love to see some VF-41 decals from that time frame.

Edited by okthree
I only have pre cruise and post cruise images. These were taken in June 96. Note how the old markings were painted over on the vertical stab. Also note the lone bomb symbol on the nose gear door of AJ/100

160391F-14AVF-41June96DavidFBrownjp.jpg

161607F-14AVF-41DavidFBrown.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

Dave great pic's do you have any closer one's of 100 cant make out the bomb markings