How many of you dudes were/are in the Air Force?

Got my new orders and I'm heading to why not Minot.... complete unhappiness because I hear nothing but bad things from that base and I hate the cold...

I remember when I recieved my orders to Minot AFB, ND. They were command leveling orders due to the fact the USAF let all the 2A451 get critically manned up there. I was in shock too. When I went to my reassignments breifing, I was told that I would have to extend my enlistment to take the orders. She asked if I wanted to extend. I told her, "No". They cancelled my orders on the spot. Well, I decided to reenlist, two months later.....orders to Robins AFB!

Can you still swap orders in Tech school? I had order to Altus, but this girl's boyfriend in my class was going to TInker and she just had to be with him. So, we swapped. I ended up going to Dyess AFB. It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I enjoyed myself the 6 years I was stationed there. I was in the 40th working on the C-130's. It was fun.

Edited by SteveV22FE
Got my new orders and I'm heading to why not Minot.... complete unhappiness because I hear nothing but bad things from that base and I hate the cold...

State tree is the telephone pole, state flower is the beer can. You can't go awol because you have to be gone for three days and you can still be in sight of the base after three days walking.

Well, apperently theres new thing people going there need to get called a PRP clearance (or something like that) because of the nukes. I made a couple bad decisions before I joined the AF and long story short I was arrested, charged with the highest Misdemeanor (I think class 1), had to go to court, had to do counseling and community service to get charges dropped, and had to get a waiver to enlist. I'm actually hoping that when they do this security clearance thing that they see that on my record and change my orders.