Update time and, ARRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I feel better for that.

For some back ground I got this kit as part of a trade, the other party threw it in as already slightly started (wings glued).

I just went to start on the cockpit, and ........................its not there :deadhorse1:

I have now decided that as I definatly want to build this one I will just close the canopies up and paint them black. Hey not detailing the pit will cut back on build time! :cheers:

Julien

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well this is fighting all the way.

The decals are really crap, they need soaking for about 10-15mins before you can get them off the backing. The main walkways are out of register slightly. To top it all off I put the gold decals on the green fin and they are so bad the gold is washed out and nearly invisible.

Julien

Well this is fighting all the way.

The decals are really crap, they need soaking for about 10-15mins before you can get them off the backing. The main walkways are out of register slightly. To top it all off I put the gold decals on the green fin and they are so bad the gold is washed out and nearly invisible.

Julien

Hey Julien, I might just have leftover decals from my RF4C - well those tail ones anyway.

I'll check and get back to you.

Well I got it finished even though it tried hard to get binned.

No cockpit in the kit hence the the canopies painted. Also as no pit I had to scratchbuild the top of the front gear well. Decals were really bad. Thanks to my friend Tim Mansfield for a spare set and thanks to Chuck Cook for sending me the Model Master Jet Exhaust paint which I used here for the first time and think it looks good.

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

FinTop.jpg

Bottom.jpg

It does not show up to well in the pics but finish is satin (anti glare pannel is matt) with the canopies and recce windows gloss. The clear pits were painted from the inside.

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)