Paint coming along good, should done with top and bottom by tonight, or sunday at the latest. Having problems though, the paint, especially white is spattering. Should I use testors' thinner, or is plain mineral spirits for oil-based paint okay, and what is the best mix ratio? I'm using a passche (made in the USA!) dual-action internal mix. Not too serious, I'm getting better with spray control so I can use the other colors for touch up, but would like to get some info. thanks, will have more pix by tonight.

Anyone have some JASDF decals, from an Academy F-15J or Hasegawa F-2A/B or a spare random set? Will trade for an untouched Hasegawa 'blue nose F-16' set (found the kit untouched, $24! :salute: ) Or is this decal set not very valuable? Have no use for it, don't really like it, just a big-mouth base for another project.

Edited by sv51macross

if its spattering you may have too much pressure, the paint may be too thin (maybe both), or your tip may have dried or clogged paint on it, (happened to me all the time before i figured it out)

keep going!

Ben

FOTOS!

The paint has dried, and I refuse to put up with the **** white spattering despite all attempts I make! so, here she is, with my crappy camera skills masking the problems an AMS-afflicted modeler would flame me for:

MiG-355039.jpg

MiG-355040.jpg

Yes, those are BAE Storm Shadow cruise missiles. "It's my airplane and I'll do what I want to, do what I want to, do what i want to, you'd do too if it was built byyyy yooouu-da-da-dada-da"

Holy crap, did I just spoof a song my parents listen to? :cheers: I must have inhaled too much thinner! Excuse my while I listen to Linkin Park, Breakin' Benjamin, and Latin operah at unwisely loud volume!

\\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGX6vGL0GBI

Edited by sv51macross

Here are some photos with the rocket boosters applied:

MiG-355043.jpg

MiG-355044.jpg

MiG-355041.jpg

MiG-355042.jpg

Obviouslt she needs pilots, and though its not visible, the exhaust vectors and the inner nozzles need to be touched-up. Other than that, and decals, she's done!

Hey, what does anyone think about an R-60 and an R-27 on each rocket booster, with the R-27 mounted topside and the R-60 mounted outboard? Just an idea, wondering if its a bit much.

Thanks for all the support. Barring the addition of the missiles, there won't be an update until the Twobobs JASDF F-15J agressor decal set comes in the mail. Again, I really appreciate all the feedback everyone has given me over the last fortnight :thumbsup: .

I am a sick little man historia,

Mutant valde Razgriz,

Revalat ipsum,

Preimum daemom scelestus est,

I am a sick little man potentia,

Caenon daemon fundet,

Mortem in terram

Deinde moritur...

i think it looks really good!!!

my only comment is that the pylons for the engines are way to thin. Those thermo-nuke engines have to weigh quite a bit, i think the pylons need to be beefed up a bit.

other than that. top stuff mate!

Richar

They're not thermonuke engines, they're liquid-fuel rocket engines,a dn besides, carbon-nanotube materials are supposed to be like, 10 times stronger than steel or something. But I do agree with you. The main thing stopping me is that it takes awhile to get them aligned while the glue dries, and scratchbuilding pylons is not my favorite thing to do. Thanks though.