Anyone know the paint colors, possibly FS numbers for the camo used on Swedish HKP4s?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...cz-003.Hkp4.jpg

I don't have any FS numbers for the colours used but the "Flying Colours Aerodecals" HKP4 decal sheet quote the colours as;

Dark Green, 326M,

Light Green, 322M,

Brown, 507M,

Black, 093M.

I don't know what the numbers are beside each colour but maybe someone recognises them from some paint range or other.

LD.

I would think the black, brown and dark green would be NATO tri-color shades... dunno about the lighter green though...

You might think that, but Sweden is stubbornly independent, and not a NATO member, and doesn't use NATO camo paints. AFAIK there are only near (or even not so near) equivalents to the Swedish shades, but no direct equivalents. There is a lot of variation in them, and they weather quite a bit, so don't be too pedantic about exact matches.

One of the cooler looking helicopter schemes ever! Even the blade tops have the splinter camo on them!

J

Hey Forseti42,

According to Urban's Colour Reference Charts at: Visit My Website you will find that the FS and Humbrol numbers are as follows;

058M Blue Gray FS36270 Hu126

093M Black FS34038 Hu33

326M Dk. Green FS34062 Hu161

322M Mid Green FS34138 Hu117 and,

507M Brown FS30219 Hu118.

Just go to the "SW1,2,3",etc. numbers from the Humbrol Authentic Range and it will give you the latest conversion number. I have the authentic colors and they look about right to me.

HTH,

WARDOG