CAS/BAI F-16B questions

Greetings gentlemen,

I'm doing the General Dynamics demonstrator 75-752 as it appeared with the Falcon Eye system as part of the CAS/BAI trials and I have a couple of questions, that hopefully someone can help out with.

Firstly, I am familiar with Habu2's website, and that's where I have gathered a whole lot of information from already. Thanks for hosting that for the rest of us Habu!

Second, I have not been able to find any other good pictures of the Pave Penny pylon other than the one on Habu's site, can anyone confirm that this is about what it looks like: (note not to scale, just a quick illustration)

PavePenny.png

Of concern is that it ends with a 90 degree angle on the back, unlike the later HTS pylon, that it has such a smaller attaching point on the top, and that the angle on the front is much sharper than the HTS pylon. I'm planning on cutting up an HTS pylon, but by the looks of it, there are some pretty significant differences.

Third, would 752 had any chaff or flare buckets installed in the rear of the plane? I would think it possible that it did not being one of the early developmental machines, but it also could have been retrofitted later.

And finally, does anybody have a good picture of the Pave Claw attaching pylon? I've found a few pictures of their use on NY ANG F-16As, but they are all from some distance and don't show a lot of detail. These are all out of old World Air Power Journal issues, as there isn't really anything on the internet that I've found that shows how it attaches.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

-Jared

Edited by Hoops

Jared,the Pave Claw pylon is the same pylon used for deep(?) ECM pods.There it was a discussion about that pylon in the past with some pictures too,if you cannot find them I will take a look in my hard drive :)

Luigi

Luigi,

I did a search of the boards, and the photos that were posted were prior to the change on the boards that prevented the direct upload of images. As a result, they aren't available any more. If you could see if you still have them, I would appreciate it!

Cheers,

-Thanks

Jared,

752 is actually on display at the Frontiers of Flight Museum in Dallas (Love Field). Unfortunately, a lot of that equipment has been removed from her (no Falcon Eye, etc), but I did shoot about 40 pics of her about 3 years ago. I didn't get a chance to get there 2 weeks ago when I was in Dallas, but I'll see what I can get over Thanksgiving. In the meantime, here's what I shot the first time around:

F-16Bupperleftoverview-1.jpg

F-16Brightspeedbrake.jpg

F-16Brightsideventralfinandmainwhee.jpg

F-16Brightsidenoselowshot.jpg

F-16Brightsidenoseantennae.jpg

F-16Brightsideintake.jpg

F-16Brightsidecockpitstenciling.jpg

Huge Cobrahistorian, huge.

Thanks for posting all of those pictures for us to use! 752 has gone through so many changes over its lifetime that's for sure, those photos definitely help out with some of the smaller details though.

Cheers, and thanks again!

-Hoops

Nice pictures indeed... Thanks!

Now I wonder what the cockpit looks like? Is it a F-16D Cockpit??

I've seen an demovideo of this aircraft during an presentation on an airshow, mudmoving through the mountains! Is this video available somewhere?? Anywhere on the net???

Thanks

Dick

Jared sorry for late response but sometimes I forgot what I have to do (lighthead or whatever :thumbsup: ),I will rescan the picture from the In Action in a couple of hours

Luigi

Edited by Mizar