1:48 Acad F-15K

Isn't it just the "regular" Academy F-15E (which is really more of a D) with some newer parts? Not too exciting if you ask me. If you want a Kilo, get a Revell kit for $13.00 at Micheals with a coupon, and then search E-bay or here for a Wolfpack F-15K update set. Or ask Gustav to make more. If enough of us do that, he may re-release the set.

Aaron

Isn't it just the "regular" Academy F-15E (which is really more of a D) with some newer parts? Not too exciting if you ask me. If you want a Kilo, get a Revell kit for $13.00 at Micheals with a coupon, and then search E-bay or here for a Wolfpack F-15K update set. Or ask Gustav to make more. If enough of us do that, he may re-release the set.

Aaron

Or get both kits and use the new F-15K parts on the Revell F-15E. You'll end up with an F-15D and F-15K.

First: let's wait and see what Academy included. They already released a 1/48 F-15K as a limited edition around the Seoul airshow last year, but that was a big disappointment. Only new decals, not even the GE nozzles!!!

They already released a 1/48 F-15K as a limited edition around the Seoul airshow last year, but that was a big disappointment

That might've been the one I was thinking of I guess. They're coming out with another one in 1/48? If so, and they did nothing to the first one, it's not likely they'll do much to this one then (my opinion only there).

The F-15K has a some major changes from the "legacy" F-15E. The CFT pylons are all different in shape, it has a longer centerline pylon, and the Tigereye IRST above the LANTIRN pod. As well, as you said, the GE engines. Just giving it new decals ain't gonna cut it.

If the Modelling Gods were listening to me, they'd put the idea in a Revell designer's head to do an F-15K based off the Echo molds. The Sierra and India are easy enough to get to with the Echo kit, but the Kilo and SierraGolf are different enough that you have some major scratchbuilding, part sourcing, or resin involved to get a decent representation of them.

Aaron

ps. I'd also ask the Gods to put the idea of an OEF/OIF updated Strike in the Revell designer's heads. Some accurate LAU-128's, GPS dome, better-detailed AIM-120's and some iron would be great! I still don't get how Revell can make the best kit out there of one of the best attack aircraft in the world, and not put any bombs in it. Yes, I know about the Promodeller, but GBU-10's and -15's are not in common use as of late, and the ones in the kit really are not that great anyways.

Edited by strikeeagle801