Trying to complete a 1967 Super Mystere B2 fitted for ground attack and can't find any period pictures - I only have some pictures from the IDF Museum in the 1970's tri color camo scheme. Would that represent the same type of warload used in 1967? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to complete a 1967 Super Mystere B2 fitted for ground attack and can't find any period pictures - I only have some pictures from the IDF Museum in the 1970's tri color camo scheme. Would that represent the same type of warload used in 1967? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Charles,

I don't have any pics for you this time, but from what I've read in ISRA's book "The June 1967 Six-Day War" one of the more common load was two 250kg french GP bombs and two droptanks.

That's what I'm going to use when I get around to the SM B2.

Just rob two bombs from Italeris Mirage IIIE if you have it.

Or you can also just two rocketpods. If you have a Eduard Mirage IIIC you can steel them from that bird.

Best Regards and Happy New Year

Bosse from Sweden.

That's interesting about the drop tanks. I would have thought that given the target proximty and the need for a max bombload that no drop tanks were necessary. What was the effective range/max load for the SM B2?

Hi Charles,

I don't have any pics for you this time, but from what I've read in ISRA's book "The June 1967 Six-Day War" one of the more common load was two 250kg french GP bombs and two droptanks.

That's what I'm going to use when I get around to the SM B2.

Just rob two bombs from Italeris Mirage IIIE if you have it.

Or you can also just two rocketpods. If you have a Eduard Mirage IIIC you can steel them from that bird.

Best Regards and Happy New Year

Bosse from Sweden.

I believe I have some period pics of armed Super Mysteres in a "Colors and Markings of the IDF/AF" book back home. If you'd like, I could check after work.

Cheers,

Andre