The load for my Mi-26... Ural 375D 6x6

Aloha all finally finished something!!! (Just about finished actually)

Not my normal scale, in fact it's my first 72nd scale “armor†piece… an Ural 375D 6x6. Don’t know whose kit it is as the box is quite plain but it’s a pretty nice kit and was a fun over-night build. Really wasn’t on planning on doing much with it as it’s going to end up in my Mi-26 but felt like weathering it after throwing it together and painting :D

Next up, the Mi-26! :thumbsup:

Just wanted to share my first for 2009, let me know what you think!

Ahui hou,

Mark

Ural-375D.jpg

:D G'day Buck,

That's a pretty darn good overnighter. Congratulations mate. I wish I could do something like that overnight. I'd be totally chuffed if I could. I can't wait to see your Mil-26 finished. Please keep us up to date with progress.

:thumbsup:,

Ross.

Nice! :) Should look good in or rolling off your Halo!

Thanks Moritz! :D

Actually I'm gonna bury this sucker deep in the Halo, mainly because I don't want to "figure" the models (read lazy!)... Figure a load this heavy would be centered under the rotor head somewhere. Any idea on how a large vehicle would be tied down in the bird???

Thanks again & Mahalo! :cheers:

Mark

Not my normal scale, in fact it's my first 72nd scale “armor†piece… an Ural 375D 6x6. Don’t know whose kit it is as the box is quite plain but it’s a pretty nice kit and was a fun over-night build. Really wasn’t on planning on doing much with it as it’s going to end up in my Mi-26 but felt like weathering it after throwing it together and painting :D

Ural-375D.jpg

Impressive! Being an overnighter is even more impressive! :)

Any idea on how a large vehicle would be tied down in the bird???

Mark

i think there are only a few tiedowns (compared to western aircraft) but the plywood on the floor is pretty standard

i recall them using regular herc straps for the cargo

100_4798.jpg

100_4378.jpg