A fellow modeler helped me find a good item to replicate the little spherical window for my ROG C-17. The round window on the ROG kit is just a small bump and really needs to be clear.

Note I used a 6mm "wiggle eye" but should have used a 5mm. There are plenty of sizes & I do not feel like going to the store to get the 5mm but will on the next C-17! Total cost, $0.97 for a bag of 50 :thumbsup: It is a very thin vacuuform clear part.

bulkheadeyes.jpg

drill the right size hole, remove the white backing & black ball then simply install the window.

window-instl.jpg

Now for the Real deal do not tap on the plastic.....

And another photo

Edited by drhornii

Great work Dave, thanks for the tip, can you send me a few of those :thumbsup:

Well it took a while but a friend managed to find something wrong with the Revell kit, the bulkhead that the window you just fixed up attaches to should be flush with the life raft cabiniets to the left and right of it. No biggy as it will be hard to see any way.

Great work Dave, thanks for the tip, can you send me a few of those :thumbsup:

Well it took a while but a friend managed to find something wrong with the Revell kit, the bulkhead that the window you just fixed up attaches to should be flush with the life raft cabinets to the left and right of it. No biggy as it will be hard to see any way.

There is also a missing catwalk/access to the upper hatch. At least we have some interior, more than most kits in 1/144......

Edited by drhornii