Tamiya 1/24 cars

Howdy all,

Here are a few of my first car builds.I'm still getting the hang of a consistent pait finish (reminds me why i usually build nice Matt aircraft :cheers: )

All Tamiya 1/24th kits

Porsche Carerra GT

CarerraGT1.jpg

CarerraGT2.jpg

CarerraGT3.jpg

Mercedes McLarren SLR

MercMc1.jpg

MercMc2.jpg

MercMc3.jpg

MercMc4.jpg

Jaguar XJ200 (My favorite car in the whole wide world! I'll have to make a few more of these when my painting skills pick up)

XJ2201.jpg

XJ2202.jpg

XJ2203.jpg

I love these kits, great 'Quick' builds between big projects.

Denzil

Hello Denzil,

Well I think you and I have the same fondness for the color that you have chosen for your STUNNING cars...

They are BEAUTIFUL and so DETAILED on the inside and SO BRILLIANTLY " sculptured"

HOLMES. :cheers:

Edited by HOLMES

Love Tamiya cars but hate that they are right hand drive most of time for cars I like :rolleyes:

That Carerra GT looks like a guys from my neighborhood, those things sound mean. His has black or charcoal interior tho.

Howdy all, thanks for the kind words.

HOLMES and Luke, I didn't even notice that they were all silvers! Just coincidence, i just go with whatever colour i reckon looks best on the particular car. That and German cars should always be silver of some sort (Just as Italians should be red, frenchies blue and Brits green. I'll do the next XJ220 in BRG)

I've started painting with nail-polish, so i forsee some bright colours being used in the future.

Wayne S- i hear you about the RHD dash. Would be great if they did both dashboards for all their cars. Also doesn't help that I'm just too lazy to bother cutting the dash up to swap it myself;)

Holy cow!, the most fancy cars i see out on the roads down here are a few Lotus' and Bently Conti GT's. I hope you've hit your neighbour up for a ride!

Cessnadriver- I love how the merc has the 'classic sportscar' proportions, i can't wait to see how Mercedes' new 'Gullwing' will look. I want to have a crack at modelling the topless MercMc next, that is a mean looking animal!

Denzil

Wayne S-

Holy cow!, the most fancy cars i see out on the roads down here are a few Lotus' and Bently Conti GT's. I hope you've hit your neighbour up for a ride

Allot of higher end $ job people live close to the water from where I live and north of here. So you see allot of stuff specially Benz,BMW,Bentley and Porsche. The guy with the Carerra GT is in a different click then I and others around here are.

He seams like one of those types that read Car & Driver and just drive on Sundays around Newport or to work on nice days. Our town puts on a cruise night every week in the spring/summer at one of our town beaches and he has not been once with His car.