Reconnaissance F-18 Question

I saw one of these at the Beaufort SC MCAS Airshow and was wondering if there are any kits of these around? Thank you very much!

i already saw a 1/48 kit made by italeri, once on ebay...

and thus i did'nt buy it, i bought another italeri kit of the f-18, and, at first glance, it has the required parts to conversion.

the latest boxing of the Testors Hornet (the one with the TOP GUN hat) comes with the extra piece on the clear sprue. I don't know exactly where you would cut away the fuselage to add it

Here are some pics of the piece I had taken when someone else was asking about it in the jet forum a couple months ago

100_9412.JPG

100_9413.JPG

100_9414.JPG

the latest boxing of the Testors Hornet (the one with the TOP GUN hat) comes with the extra piece on the clear sprue.

Yup, older boxings have it as well. I have a couple of those parts saved away in my spare parts bin for possible future ATARS projects.

My usual online suppliers do not have the Testors kit in stock any more so I'm guessing it's currently temporarily OOP. The kit gets a bad rap due to its age and accuracy issues, but if you just want a quick fun build (and don't care for accuracy), or a spare parts supplier (good source for a B/D canopy as well!) then it's a good kit to pick up.