Super-Bug Fuel Tanks

Alright here I am again with another off the wall question. I'm wanting to do VFA-103 #106 as a five-wet tanker. Through the help of this forum I've already found where to get a buddy pod for the center, but since all the Revell/Italeri versions only come with one gas bag, and I really don't want to buy Hasegawa kits just to rob the tanks from them, does anybody have any suggestion were to find aftermarket tanks? I've tried searching for them, but "Super-Hornet Fuel Tanks" are the easiest thing to search.

Thanks in Advance,

Josh

And that's why I love this place, in less than 5 minutes I've got three suggestions. I thought about pouring my own, but I don't believe I'm up to that skill level yet...maybe on day. I'll check on the arms-trader, don't know why I didn't think of that, I'm on the buy and sell all the time....which isn't always a good thing. And thanks for the royal resin link, like I said I figured somebody made them, but didn't exactly know how to finess the search. Again thanks a lot guys.

Josh

I'd try the buy and sell forums first. Resin tanks are expensive and for the cost of getting 4 tanks exactly the same, you might as well have started with the Hasegawa kit. You may have multiple people help you out to get you your desired load out at the cost of shipping and maybe a slight fee, plus it will be less probably be less money and certainly less weight on the kits landing gear. Also note that no one makes an accurate ARS - Aerial Refueling Store, for the centerline.

Thanks Fuji, I hadn't thought about the weight issue, but I had noticed the cost. I had realized that the ARS had it's issues, but for me close enough for gov't work is usually good enough. Thanks again for the suggestion.

I just want to say thanks to everyone again. This is something I've been trying to figure out for 2 months, and within 5 minutes of posting I had three answers, and within 30 minutes I had my tanks on the way thanks to 1/48 Scale Pilot. For anybody who is reading this, he is truly a great guy and a I would recommend him highly to anyone who asks. Once again thanks to everyone who helped out on this, I'm truly indebted.

Thanks

Josh B)

I just want to say thanks to everyone again. This is something I've been trying to figure out for 2 months, and within 5 minutes of posting I had three answers, and within 30 minutes I had my tanks on the way thanks to 1/48 Scale Pilot. For anybody who is reading this, he is truly a great guy and a I would recommend him highly to anyone who asks. Once again thanks to everyone who helped out on this, I'm truly indebted.

Thanks

Josh :beer4:

Friendly helpful people make for a happy forum! Glad to be of service, Josh!