Bristow super puma interior question

Hello gents,

I've finally managed to track down the Bobkit Bristow super puma with Bristow markings. There is no interior to speak of so I was thinking about scratch building some seats. What I need to know is what kind of seats did they have. Bench sets or airliner type. This heli flew to the North Sea rigs in the 80's. Thanks for any help.

Rich

Hello gents,

I've finally managed to track down the Bobkit Bristow super puma with Bristow markings. There is no interior to speak of so I was thinking about scratch building some seats. What I need to know is what kind of seats did they have. Bench sets or airliner type. This heli flew to the North Sea rigs in the 80's. Thanks for any help.

Rich

Bond

The link above should give you a good start, see the small thumbnail to the rh side, it

isn't Bristows but Bond fly Super Pumas too.

----------------------------

Thanks for that. Shouldn't be too hard to scratch those. I'm not looking to be 100% perfect, just something to fill up the back and make it look interesting when the doors are open.

Thanks again,

Rich

Have a look at the rotorhead section of the Pprune Forum. They have a thread on-going on Bristows with plenty of photos. There should be plenty of Puma/Tiger photos that might be useful.

LD.

Edited by Loach Driver
Hello gents,

Rich

Hi Rich,

Pardon my ignorance, but have you got any info on that Bobkit? Offshore helicopters is one of my main modelling interests, and I have never heard of this kit.

Tip on the seats: the Airfix (1:72) Skyvan has twenty airliner type seats included. Don't know if these were used on Super Puma's, they were on S61N's.

Thank you in advance!

Gertjan

Edited by GeejeeZ

Hi Gertjan,

Thanks for that tip about the seats. I'll keep an eye open for that.

As for the kit, it's made by Bobkit/Heller, serial no 3007 and actually has the title"1/72 AS332 L super-tiger" and has Bristow decals for the "City of Edingburgh" in a rather striking red, white and blue livery. I also have one of these kits but with exocets and navy decals, the civil or off shore decals are very hard to come by and this kit only comes up every few months on Ebay. Do you know of any other source for civil decals as i'd love to do a Wessex in Bristow colours.

Hope this helps.

Rich

• 3 weeks later...
Tip on the seats: the Airfix (1:72) Skyvan has twenty airliner type seats included. Don't know if these were used on Super Puma's, they were on S61N's.

Thank you in advance!

Gertjan

Hi Gertjan,

Just picked up a Skyvan off Ebay for a £5.The seats will be perfect. It'll also be an interesting build. i think I might make a "what if" in Soviet Afghanistan colours. Thanks again.

Rich