In dry dock (or space dock)

I'm going to alter my plan a little since the shopping list for my starbase model has grown to include a lighting system. Since I need to save up a little petty cash for the stuff I need, I decided to look at my other collection of models and see if I could find something to build in its place. I'll still keep it on the build list, but it is now number 2.

So anyway, my new build will be the 22" AMT/Ertl Cutaway USS Enterprise model done up as a non-cutaway replica of the ship seen in the majority of the Trek TV series. I'm actually going to be using pieces from two kits to help overcome some of the shortcomings in the parts brought about by the cutaway features. I'm not going to light this one as this is just a project to get me building something and I feel I need to whip my Trek modeling skills back into shape in preparation for the long rumored 1/350 classic Enterprise kit that Round 2 is rumored to be doing (which we probably won't see until 2011). Aftermarket bits used will be a resin navigational deflector, some photoetch for the inner warp engine grills and some aftermarket decals.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did decide to do another one. Old school AMT I.S.S. Enterprise. The EVIL Enterprise from the origanal series.

Built it up and painted 90% this past weekend. Not many parts, but so far it looks like a Starship.