Avro Lancaster

Good day guys, I'm building the Tamiya 1/48 Avro Lancaster, but there are some questions I'd like to ask you guys

- Are there any open windows on either sides of the a/c, the color instruction shown that those are painted over, while the finished model pic shown there are still there.

- I'm gonna use Tamiya's flat earth and dark green for the camo is it OK ?

The a/c I'm building is from B.I R5868 PO/S

Thanks for the info guys :salute:

Regards

JJ

just to muddy the water

there has been a similar question asked on britmodler

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...ncaster+windows

basically depending on the age of the plane and when inits life you model it will give you a different answer

this link should help you out

regards mark

EDIT - read page 2 it explains R5868 in detail

Edited by markmarples

pleased to help,

im building one at the moment in 1/72 - blacked out windows for me, did you see the photos of WSJ from newark air museum, the original plane. apparently the wreckage was recovered after a training excersise where it crashed at night with a hurricane, i have more photos if you need them, they also have an orriginal bouncing bomb that was recovered from the 'testing' phase ive got photos of that too for future info

regards Mark

Hi . I built this kit yrs ago. Just remember that when aliging the wings to keep the inner wings level with each other. If you mate them up to the fusalage as engineered it will have a corsair look to it. I had to fix mine after building and a contest when the defect was pointed out. Also good luck with the engine panels. I left the engine out. Gary