JF-17 Kits - Trumpter vs Bronco

There has been a build of this kit on ARC. The kit didn't look that promising.....

I would love to see what you'd do with it though, Big Fella!!!

Cheers Mate!!

M

Thanks Mate, looks like the kits themselves are the same (based on APLH's photos of the cockpit etc for the Bronco kit).

Its the decals and weapons that seem to be superior in the Trump kit.

Once I get my E-2C finished (soon), I might give it a crack :thumbsup:

Gary

I have both the Bronco and the Trump kits and they look almost exactly the same, including part break down. One difference is weapons. The Trumpeter has a slightly bigger variety. Also Trump's decal options offer the Chinese prototype, the colorful Pakistani one and also numbers to build any of the 6 in Pakistani service. I am bulding the Bronco kit right now and it isn't really that bad. A little filler here and there but nothing impossible. As for accuracy, I have nooooooo idea

I have both the Bronco and the Trump kits and they look almost exactly the same, including part break down. One difference is weapons. The Trumpeter has a slightly bigger variety. Also Trump's decal options offer the Chinese prototype, the colorful Pakistani one and also numbers to build any of the 6 in Pakistani service. I am bulding the Bronco kit right now and it isn't really that bad. A little filler here and there but nothing impossible. As for accuracy, I have nooooooo idea

So Bronco and Trump do share molds ?

I have the Trumpy one and from what I gather the parts look alike but the sprues are laid out differantly. Also Trumpy has two very nice PLA missile sprues.

If you remember a while back there were rumours from the Chinese sites that Bronco was being sued over industrial espionage on stealing the CADD files. It was supposed to be a reason to grab the Bronco kits as there would be no more made, well it seems they have been restocked at least once so I don't place too much creedence on the rumours.

The build of the Bronco in the 'In Progress' pics is a great looking build.

Matt

Guys, they aren't the same kit, although they do share a very similar parts breakdown. Looks at the sprues for the Trumpeter kit over at Lucky Model.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=TP02815

I have the Bronco kit and there are differences in the sprue layouts.

On the Bronco kit:

-The sprue with the lower fuselage half does not have the forward fuselages or the vertical tail on it.

-The sprue with the upper fuselage has the vertical tail, an external tank, and the exhaust

-The clear sprue on the Bronco kit has both a one piece closed canopy and a two part open canopy, plus the sprue runner wraps all the way around all of the clear parts unlike on the Trumpeter kit where the canopy parts hang out the sides.

-And so on.

None of the sprues in the two kits are the same, so they cannot be the same mold.

I should clarify what I mean- the parts are very similiar. Yeah, they are laid out on the sprues differently, but the parts are VERY similiar. There were rumors that the authorities raided Bronco because Trumpeter alledge some corporate espionage. No idea if that is the case