Black 473, Me 109G-14/AS, Fürth, 1945

G14-1.jpg

This is not a favorite kit for me, but I recently received one as a gift from a modeling buddy. Now I feel obligated to build it. As many know Revell's 109G-10 has many deficiencies: canopy, cockpit details, air intake, set of landing gear, prop, and the length of the nose. Many of these can be easily corrected using photo etch, white metal, and resin sets designed for this kit. I don't want to spend any money for corrections for this kit. I don't want to even use any upgrades that I have in my stash. So...

G14-2.jpg

Edited by johnsan

Good start Johnsan.

Will the photo etch etc correct all the faults then and make it look a little better than it is now....

I think you will make it good..

Will be back for more so don't forget to post piccies as and when..thank you...

HOLMES <_<

Hey Buddy, I've got a few more of these that I'll "gift" you to keep you busy and keep you away from those Finemolds!

Off to a good start, what's your plan for those anemic propeller blades? I used the ones from an Italeri G-6 (see, they are good for something) on my last one.

Edited by The Mikester

Ollie - Eduard's pe for the Revell kit is pretty decent. It has a decent cockpit and replaces wheel covers. Probably the best thing in it is the instrument panel. I'm not going to use any pe on this one though. This will strictly be an attempt at old time modeling. Plastic sheet & rod, wire, the odd shape here and there... I will use my airbrush though.

Mike - Prop? My buddy also threw in a vac canopy and a white metal prop. This build doesn't call for either as this one won't have a prop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...