F-35B Ejection Seat

This is probably posted here, but I don't know the voodoo spell it would take to find it but here's the question:

I just got the Panda 1/48 F-35B kit, and it actually looks like a really decent kit. Now I know that the kit is based on the prototype more or less, because that's all that is still available so I'm cool with that. Anyway looking at the cockpit I'm usually not knowlegable enough to correctly identify the correct ejection seat, about the only one I can usually hit is the GBU-7 for the F-14A/B and the NACES for the F-14D. But the bang seat in the kit has a shocking similiarity to a Russian K-36. I know that Lockheed likes to use common parts, but I'm pretty sure this isn't right, and there is no way I can convince myself that it is even remotley right. Anyway what would be the correct seat to use, and can I get one aftermarket. I'm guessing it's the ACES II, and they might not even have that detail carved in stone yet, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a K-36....as always any help is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I always forget about that website. Interesting that it mentions the K-36 in the article, guess thats why Panda decided to include it in the kit (or a semblence thereof). Anyway thanks again for the info. Don't know what I'd do without the website and your all's help.

JSF uses the Martin Baker MK16 designation US16E - JSF.

MB makes 5 versions of the MK16, one low speed version as used in the JPATS and 4 high speed versions used in the JSF, Eurofighter, Rafale and T-38. All these seats do look different.

Details can be found here: http://www.martin-baker.com/products/Ejection-Seats.aspx

Julien

I did a quick search on my usual sites, and can't find any promising prospects on a version of that seat on the aftermarket. Anybody got any suggestions, especially for someone who has absolutley no scratch-build skills??? And once again thinks for the info, I hope one day I'll be able to start giving some help instead of always taking it.

I did a quick search on my usual sites, and can't find any promising prospects on a version of that seat on the aftermarket. Anybody got any suggestions, especially for someone who has absolutley no scratch-build skills??? And once again thinks for the info, I hope one day I'll be able to start giving some help instead of always taking it.

I don't think you're going to see an aftermarket seat until we start to see some better mainstream kits. There's too much work to do to the Panda kit to get it looking remotely like a production aircraft, so you might as well use the one in the kit.

Correct on the Mk16E seat on the F-35.

Since this pic was taken, the head-pad has changed and the canopy breakers have gotten larger.

Here's a pic of the (not-so) current configuration:

f35interface_06.jpg

Edited by Desertpilot