Right, a V2 :jaw-dropping: The kit:

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0005-2.jpg

As I suggested on the entry, this is a nice model with good fit and it went together today easily with cyano glue:

DSC_0009-4.jpg

Sanding's partly complete, tomorrow I hope to finish it, rescribe the panel lines thus lost and prime. I'd like to thank the kind gents who run www.v2rocket.com as they have opened my eyes with their excellent site, and specifically to this paint scheme. I want to try this on the Pegasus kit.

Patrick

Very cool kit - different for sure. Thank you for the links, as Rick said what an eye opener. Look forward to seeing more.

Cheers Mark, it more or less fell into a Hannants order and is really just for fun, but it's a very nice kit and is quite imposing (12" tall) in 48th. Didn't get round to priming the thing today - have a cool new box that is automatically taping Dogfights episodes - but that'll happen in the next couple of days and I can then start doing a splinter scheme on a rocket!

DSC_0004.jpg

Patrick

Cool stuff, Patrick. Looking good!

Thanks sir, much appreciated :monkeydance: Although: as I have been sitting here carelessly sanding a Hobbycraft Do17 with 80-grade grit while the V2's primer dries, I have realised I made a faux pas. To my shame, I rushed to enter and didn't take account of previous entrants. I see Jay A. proposed doing the exact same model and (I believe) scheme. I owe Jay quite a bit, so am happy to withdraw this entry if he so wishes - wasn't a deliberate duplication...

Patrick