M4A3 Sherman 105mm Howitzer

I'm usually building 1/48 scale fast jets but this was a kit my (9 year old) son received for Christmas in 2009 and I've been building it for him. It's a Tamiya 1/35 scale Sherman with a 105mm Howitzer.

Thought I'd share the result on here. Hope you like it.

Cheers

Ian

4262666572_5cedf37e60.jpg

4261913637_9f2d2aaf5b.jpg

Nice :D

How did you like the kit?

Thanks Wayne.

No problems with the kit at all. It went together nicely. Had a few different markings options. It also came with three US infantry figures which I didn't photgraph with the finished model but might use to put this in a diorama later. It only took so long to build because I've been building other things at the same time. This was the first time I've used weathering powders - they're great, aren't they!

Cheers

Ian

Nice,nice nice! 2 things that stand out to me and I only say this because it was pointed out on my builds; a bit more weathering and dirty up the tracks. Very nice build otherwise!

Thanks "Flying Fortress". I had been reading some articles in magazines about armour and dirt in the tracks. I just wanted to get this finished and I knew that it would then be used by my son as a play thing rather than a display model. So I didn't go that extra step. I'm now building a M60A1 for him. I might dirty the wheels and tracks on that a little more.

Cheers

Ian