Revell F-4E "MiG Killer" vs RoG F-4F 50th Anniv.

Hey all,

I have a Revell 32nd scale F-4E (MiG Killer boxing) that is missing some parts. I placed an order an Revell's site for the missing parts but they are unavailable. According to their site, I can order parts from RoG kits....provided I know the part numbers and the kit number

Does anyone know if the Revell F-4E and RoG F-4F come from the same molds? If so, would basic parts like intakes, nose cones, etc be usable on one or the other?

Finally....if there is anyone out there with RoG kit #04743 (the F-4F 50th Anniversary boxing) could you please look in your instruction booklets and provide me part numbers for the following......

#229 (nose scoop)

#49 (right intake)

#48 and 53 (not really sure what they are....goes between fuselage and splitter plate.

#209 (nose cone)

Thanks!

Hey,

Yes, these are the same molds. The only difference between the 2 are the slotted stabilizors vs. unslotted.

The part numbers you mention are the same in my F-4F boxing (not the 50th anniv. boxing but the "Wild Horse" one, but they are the same sprues). Only difference is #209. You said it's the nose cone, but #209 is one of the outer wing parts. The nosecone has #206 in my kit.

BTW, AMS Resin has a corrected nose for these kits, as the Revell kit seems to have an odd shaped nose.

Edited by Pete
Hey all,

I have a Revell 32nd scale F-4E (MiG Killer boxing) that is missing some parts. I placed an order an Revell's site for the missing parts but they are unavailable. According to their site, I can order parts from RoG kits....provided I know the part numbers and the kit number

Does anyone know if the Revell F-4E and RoG F-4F come from the same molds? If so, would basic parts like intakes, nose cones, etc be usable on one or the other?

Finally....if there is anyone out there with RoG kit #04743 (the F-4F 50th Anniversary boxing) could you please look in your instruction booklets and provide me part numbers for the following......

#229 (nose scoop)

#49 (right intake)

#48 and 53 (not really sure what they are....goes between fuselage and splitter plate.

#209 (nose cone)

Thanks!

PM working it's way to your location.

Sounds like you might have it covered, although I believe ordering from RoG is only good if you live in Europe or the UK.

Yeah, Jack is da man and came through for me!

According to Revell.com, it is possible to order parts for RoG kits provided you have the 5 digit kit number and the parts you need.....it does state on the site that ordering RoG parts can take up to 12 weeks as opposed to the week or so it takes for standard Revell parts.