Anyone thinking about a B or D conversion of his 1/18 Tomcat?

Hey folks,

just last week my 1/18 Tomcat arrived and all I can say it's an absolutely gorgeous KIT!!! yes I am looking at it as a kit that needs to be assembled (well after prior disassembling of course) and painted.

I guess anyone else on that forum who's got one too thinks about the same way.

Thing is, everything on that KIT just screams for B or D conversion: all the necessary antennas are there, it has BOL-rails and the gun vents are late style.

Does anybody here around plan on converting his 1/18 Turkey as well?

I'm asking because I am interested if anybody has already some ideas how to scratch the cockpit, nosepod and burner cans.

I have some rough ideas but would love to get some creative input and advice for the upcoming scratch work.

Edited by bushande
  • 2 weeks later...

Helo Bushande!

I´m waiting for my Tomcat to arrive from States. I leave in Finland/Heslinki so it may take some time. Me to want to make MODEL out of this one. I must firs see how much I can disasamble it. Can one for example take the hole nose sextion apart so that cockpit can be build up and so on and so on. Any way I´m much sure that it may be build up in to very impresiv model. :woot.gif::thumbsup::coolio:

Edited by mareku
just last week my 1/18 Tomcat arrived and all I can say it's an absolutely gorgeous KIT!!! yes I am looking at it as a kit that needs to be assembled (well after prior disassembling of course) and painted.

1/18 Tomcat! ??? Who makes it ? Do they have a website? It must be vac kit, isn't it?

MAK