1/32 Tomcat biulds by benjo

Hey guys n girls.

Since i have built a few of these, and have another 4 in the works, ill share one at a time my builds.

the first two have already been on here, a long time ago though. Ive been quiet for a long time due to other comitments, but im back with my new F-14 D conversion.

I LOVE this scheme, i think of it as old tom going to his formal in a new white tux. or prom for those who are in the wrong side of the world :-)

Not going to score well with judges at a show, due to gloss finish and lack of weathering, it will be there, but it will be subtle. i think this jet was painted and retired before it ever got inspected or pulled apart for maintenance, or at least thats the impression i get. we all know the armor modelling regime has taken over as the accepted method of finishing and painting. but i dare to stand out with this. !!!! BRINGING SEXY BACK, BABY!

Ill update whenever i can. I have just spent 72,ooo hours of sanding and scribing, and then more sanding followed by more scribing and sanding.

not sure what im doing with the cockpit though. i have an idea to just close it because tamiya canopies do fit, or i have an eduard photo etch cockpit set which if i use will be open with some resin seats in there.

this is a tamiya conversion with crossdelta decals and the stiffner and walkway set too. not sure on the armament, i am in a good mind to load it up with 4 phoenixes to ram the fighter theme home. not totally untrue, i did find a photo of this jet with the phoenixes displayed is if they were ready to be mounted, but i know they were retired waaaay before.

anyway, the pic.

P1010438.jpg

benjo

yeah, 72,000 hrs sounds about right :-)

No flying rc planes today its crappy and raining. Sice i can't fly my rc F-14 continued my work on this

I have a bit more progress. I totally screwed up the finish. I sprayed with the clear, and it went all dark and splotchy, dont know why i havnt done anything different from any other time. So i spent the rest of my morning respraying it, dont know how i pulled it off, had to mask the decals and spray around them. some decals i couldnt so i just had to blend it in. so now i have a more weathered look than i wanted but its this or change the scheme completely.

Not sure what exhaust nozzles im using this time, the hasegawa f-16 ones like in the pic or the technics, or the wolfpack. since i scratch built the rear fuselage change out of styrene im keen to use the hasegawa nozzle with some left over 1/32 revell f-14A cans, as they were incorrect for an A, being a GE engine luckily!

P1010441.jpg

Edited by benjo

I added the eduard cockpit set. Not complete yet. i still have to make circuit breaker panels with all the little circuit breakers. I really am looking foreward to that, NOT! but it should look sweet in the end.

i decided to run with the cam exhuasts and cam instument coamings for this one.

P1010453copy.jpg

Slowly but surely, its getting there

Benjo

Edited by benjo