How to do a para-brake

Good evening to all of you!!!!!

I would like to realize a Su-27 landing...and i would like to do it,when deploiyng para-brake...

I was thinking to do it,with paper bag,with vinil glue diluted in water to give the the stifness.....

Anyone of you has ever made a braking sistem?

And if yes..how you did it?

Thank you to all of you!!!!

I would use a facial tissue (Kleenex) soaked in white glue and water. I don't soak the tissue in the mixture myself, I brush it on with a wide brush. Use a little more glue than water. You can speed up the drying process with a hair dryer. I would just let it hang off the edge of a table, like laundry drying, until its almost dry but still flexible. Then shape it as you need over something round, like a large ball, so that it takes on that shape. I wouldn't use a paper bag as they probably won't soak up the glue mixture very well, they are stiff and would be harder to form to the shape you need to make it look like it has tension from the wind pulling on it.

Edited by JasonB

There is an article out there, maybe FSM? (I'll look and see if I can locate it) that shows how they did one. If I recall, they used a ballon. covered the balloon with vaseline or KY and then laid out strips of clingwrap. (they used stips because their chute was the cross type made up of sections.) then they sprayed an acrylic clear coat in several coats and allowed that to dry thoroughly. Burst the balloon once it's dry and voila, you have a chute shape. Then just cut and paint to shape and color. Sounds easy doesn't it?

Bill

Good idea to use a kleenex,but it's in 1/32 scale... the para braker of sukhoy are something like a kinfd of a "cross section"and putting 2 kleenex or whatever,the 2 layer would form a thicker part that would be clearly visible in the intersection.

Any way thank you for your ideas..!!!!!!!!!

There is an article out there, maybe FSM? (I'll look and see if I can locate it) that shows how they did one. If I recall, they used a ballon. covered the balloon with vaseline or KY and then laid out strips of clingwrap. (they used stips because their chute was the cross type made up of sections.) then they sprayed an acrylic clear coat in several coats and allowed that to dry thoroughly. Burst the balloon once it's dry and voila, you have a chute shape. Then just cut and paint to shape and color. Sounds easy doesn't it?

Bill

If you'll find this article it will be really appreciated....

Thank you!!!!!

wow! that a nice thecnique! great link! thanks!

Good morning..

Than you for your info.

But if i had be sincere,it was this topics that i've read about 1 year ago,wich gave me the inspiration to do it,but i didn't liked the final result....

I was hoping that someone else could give me something better tecnique.

Thank you all the way.