Eduard Fw190D-9 finished OOB

So it's done! Eduards new Dora built totally OOB, even decals are Eduard and they are very good in my opinion. I didn't bother to fix the errors pointed out in various discussions. I wouldn't have noticed them myself and besides I wanted to keep it easy. Easy and Eduard don't always go together and I have cursed the engineering of this kit more than once. Still, when it's finished it looks very much like a Dora. Comparing it to my DML/Trimaster Dora it's obvious that Eduard nailed the engine better. It's slightly sleeker and looks just the part compared with photos. The markings are the famous "White-12" of JG301.

I used Gunze colors but I mixed my own shades of RLM81 and 82 as I don't quite like the original Gunze offerings.

RLM82 - Gunze RLM82 with some RLM83 and a drop of RLM79.

RLM81 - Gunze Mahogny mixed with some blue

For the lighter color I used Vallejo Model Air "Duck egg green"

For the NMF under the wings I used JPS.

Weathering was done with airbrush, oilwash, silverpencil and some pigments here and there.

When I photographed the model I discovered that the tailwheel had got out of line, I fixed it in the last few photos... I intended to photograph the model outdoors but when a sudden gust of wind very nearly sent the Dora on it's first and last flight I moved indoors! :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Cheers! / Anders